• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rattle/knoking over rough road tarmac or pot holes

cars gone to garage now for its top mount just been over had a look top mount looks fine !! not what I wanted to here :( well whats next they have also check all bushes

Front and rear engine mounts .
Iv up graded mine and its cured alot of noises.
Get slightly more rumble in the car as its alot stiffer .

HAD A NEW GAS SHOCK FITTED STRUT ,, FRONT DRIVER SIDE , NOW THE STEERING IS SLIGHTLY OUT ??? ANY IDEAS Was Fine Before it was fitted

After getting all the other rattles sorted, mine started making a banging/knocking from the front OSR, I suspect its the top mount. Its not a hollow noise, but a real metal on metal noise. Happens seemingly at random, turning, going straight, going over bumps, not going over bumps.

I have some KYB mounts on order.

I thought I'd fixed the knocking as the passenger side front anti rollbar drop link wasn't fully tightened so had a little play in it. I tightened it up and the knocking went away bit I've since fitted polybushes on the entire front end and the knocking has come back so I need to double check everything to see if it's all tightened up correctly. I've still got the rear end to polybush aswel.

HAD A NEW GAS SHOCK FITTED STRUT ,, FRONT DRIVER SIDE , NOW THE STEERING IS SLIGHTLY OUT ??? ANY IDEAS Was Fine Before it was fitted

That happened to mine. Took it back to garage that did it and they fixed it with an adjustment on the tracking. Honda couldn't fix it as they didn't have the right tools.

[video=youtube_share;y1y8lPKIFD8]http://youtu.be/y1y8lPKIFD8[/video] knocking.rattle 50 sec to 1 min ?? had new top mounts new drop links and brand new gas strut , still there !!!

Just an update. After changing Suspension Mounts, Shocks and track rod ends, the lower left ball joint is the issue.

With the car up in the air on a rocker, you can feel the ball joint snapping/clicking/jumping as the car rocks back and forth. Not something you can really test on your own with no pressure on the wheel.

Cheers guys, thought I was the only one with this problem, from experience it really sounds like a drop link, so changed them and polybushed the anti-roll bar better but stil there, I'll watch this space...

EP3 millano pink, 74k

crowds

I have a lot of play in driver front wheel side to side lower ball joint ? passenger wheel no movement at all up & down is ok please advise thanks

I've had this knocking for ages now and I've since fitted brand new drop links front and rear, track rod ends, front lower balljoints, fully polybushed the entire car and have also fitted brand new hsd coilovers with adjustable top mounts so I've literally changed everything it could be and I still have knocking over bumps and rough ground. The only thing I'm thinking it could now be is the steering rack possibly

I'm starting to think mine is the steering rack. I replaced the suspect lower ball joint, and the noise is still here.

im leaning towards steering rack myself as its the only thing that i haven't replaced and i still get knocking over bumps. Ive fitted new drop links front and rear, track rod ends, bottom front lower ball joints, brand new hsd coilovers with adjustable top mounts and also fully polybushed the car incase the problem was old worn bushes and still have this annoying sound!

Back