• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear splitter/ valance for dual exhaust?

My exhaust needs to be replaced and i'll be getting the money in a few month to do so. Thought i'd treat myself to a new custom Dual Exit exhaust. Only problem being that the standard rear valance on the ep3 has a section cut out on the right hand side for the standard exhaust, so sticking a dual on it would look silly as it wouldn't be symmetrical. So are there any splitters or valance for the rear which could accommodate this exhaust system?
Any help, pics and links would be appreciated, Thanks

Buddyclub would allow you to do this. You'd just need to cut holes in the mesh.

I'm on my mobile so pic links are problematic! Loads of pics on Google. :smt023

Yeh i seen that but the bumper cost about£300+ then you would need to add the cost of painting and fitting its just aint worth it for the sake of an exhaust. I was more looking to find a replacement splitter/valance which would be able to pull off the duel exhaust that way i'm not spending silly money

There's a fella on here who has a dual exhaust fitted and it looks like he has had the standard rear splitter modded. Would probably work out cheaper than having to purchase a whole new rear splitter. I wish I could remember who it was :lol: so sorry cant help you there mate.

IMO dual exit on the EP3 doesn't look right, and the extra amount you are paying to have the dual exhaust customed would outweigh the cost of a single exit good quality cat back system which would look much better without the fuss of having to chop up parts of the car.

There's a fella on here who has a dual exhaust fitted and it looks like he has had the standard rear splitter modded. Would probably work out cheaper than having to purchase a whole new rear splitter. I wish I could remember who it was :lol: so sorry cant help you there mate.

IMO dual exit on the EP3 doesn't look right, and the extra amount you are paying to have the dual exhaust customed would outweigh the cost of a single exit good quality cat back system which would look much better without the fuss of having to chop up parts of the car.

It was a guy selling parts of a NHB one if i remember rightly

lol some of the above comments remind me of a long post about modding your car the same as everyone else with no difference between peoples cars. This maybe happens to much because people are always deterred from being different.

exactly, but when something else is suggested someone on here is quick to say dont do it do the norm. Either way i dont care lol, just making the observation. I will always say do what you want regardless.

To be different because if you're not different you more often than not get criticized for being a sheep. Follow the leader and be the same. Like i said i don't care. Just noticed it

Cheers for the link was spot on for what i needed,at least i know it can be done withe the original. I'll need to speek to the company that does the exhaust and see if they could modify it themselves or would need to outsource it to a bodyshop. If i do go for the duel i won't be going for the big tips as i'm not a fan of big exit exhaust as they look cheap and almost all the time sound horribly loud, i would probibly go for the standard look of small twin but would wait and see what options the guy has.
I think if the other guy had smaller tips then his would look fine but its a lot better than having lime green or bright orange wheels with a cherry can strapped on sounding like a jet engine in my opionion but each to their own. Both beat the "drove through halfords coverd in superglue" look.

I'm sure this guy though he was the nuts...

saxo-odrzutowe.jpg

Each to their own though.

Dual N1 size pipes would be OK in my opinion. Dual ovals looks a bit silly.

30102009232.jpg

i remember reading an oldish max power :eek: and there was a NHB EP3 with duel twin pipes and it did actually look pretty decent TBH (although he ruined it by putting tonnes of ICE in - 0-60 in 8.5secs) so i think you're onto a winner :)

Yeh i seen that but the bumper cost about£300+ then you would need to add the cost of painting and fitting its just aint worth it for the sake of an exhaust. I was more looking to find a replacement splitter/valance which would be able to pull off the duel exhaust that way i'm not spending silly money

I agree that wouldn't be spending wisely, I think cost for the whole thing including installations and all depends where you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of a thread from the dead but ended up just getting the full custom system with the standard looking twin exit, the duel exit was going to cost too much and its even at my upper limets for this since i should really be saving for moving house in march. Pick the car up tomorow so hopefully will be happy with the results.

Back