• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear Strut Braces

Whatever you can get made up, put me down for one ;)

Sure i know of someone else who is interested aswell

Do-luck do a rear cross brace/b pillar bar for the EP3, RRP is £220 over here though so not cheap.

Rich,

what is happening to your EP? Why are you stripping it down? I thought you were gonna part with the EP1 and get something meaner?

Its staying til december for a few reasons.

So im going to concentrate on handling and brakes so i can do some trackdays :cool:

Catch me on msn later :)

Its staying til december for a few reasons.

So im going to concentrate on handling and brakes so i can do some trackdays :cool:

Catch me on msn later :)

Track day! now we're talkin' ... :twisted: Btw my next one is bedford, so if you're around I'll reserve you a pax lap ;)

I've had a look at the seat belt rail this afternoon and I think a plate could be made to go across both bolts and the bar could run right across the floor space.

To strengthen the plate fixing to the bar, there could be a small section to triangulate the fixing points... bit like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye that sounds good to me :)

Thinking about that, it must be one of the weakest points of the car (flexibility wise). Would love one of these.

If you get one made up, let me know as i'd like one if thats possible :)

I spoke to Mick the other day at work and he had a looky at the car and the seat rails points.

After much chin-scratching, muttering and poking about he says that the bar is possible but to maximise the strengthening potential it would run right across the floor space i.e. where the rear passengers feet would be.

Mick is not convinced by having the bar running right up to the rear bench panel as the deflections needed in the bracket work would prove too great an area for flex to occur.

He would rather go for a bracket to fit across both seat belt rail bolts and then have the bar fit into the brackets using countersunk bolts or heavy duty removable cotter pins so that you could take the bar out if needs be.

Question that he asked. Do the seat belt rail bolts go straight into the chassis or do they rest on a small piece of panel?

If it is a direct bolt in then he is happy to do it. We did not have time to remove the plastic trim that goes around the seat belt rail to have a look as that section of plastic runs right up the inside of the rear space. We envision that the brackets would fit on the outside of the plastic trim as long as the mounting points are stable.

I'll go and get you some pictures in a mo mate, i have no panels in mine so you can see where they bolt.

They go straight into the chassis.

I think his idea sounds more ideal, not too worried about rear passengers as i have no seats/trim hehe.

I've found out that Do-luck (as nick stated) do a brace that goes across here. Not found a pic of one fitted though. Its £220.

mount.jpg

Does that help mate?

Sorry mate dont know what happend there.

Here you go :

mount.jpg

Not the best pic to show, but hope it helps. If you want anymore i can go and get some

that's spot on mate.. I'll see what I can do. A job change for me means that I may not be able to link on with Mick straight away. I'll keep on it though.

Back