• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear Strut Braces

Dynax

The Babysitter
Whats the best available?

Spoon or J's racing are the ones i like the most. Both are roughly the same priced, but J's looks better :)smt047).

Which one would you lot go for?

Either or really, both do the same job just down to personal preference really.

I'd also go for a C-pillar bar as that will help more IMO.

Either or really, both do the same job just down to personal preference really.

I'd also go for a C-pillar bar as that will help more IMO.

Know anyone that sells them? Been looking around and can only find ones in US

Know anyone that sells them? Been looking around and can only find ones in US

I would like one too but I don't know of any UK sellers.

iirc, I'm sure you have to trim the plastic bits of the interior to get this to fit like the rear upper strut bar the fits across the boot space.

I'd also go for the Spoon bar too.

I have also found out recently that Unit-8 sell J's racing c-pillar bars.

After b-pillar now :cool:

Will you still be able to retain the rear seats with the C-strut fitted?

I think you can after looking at the Alex bar... but the picture is from a DC5.
CPillar.jpg

I'll have to 'phone Stevie at Unit 8 about costs.

Where does the B-strut bar fit from Dynax?

C-pillar is £130-140 ish from unit-8 i think.

B-pillar sits behind the front seats across the floor just infront of the rear seats :cool: Huge chrome bar :cool:

Not too sure about the c-pillar, think passengers heads might hit it :lol:

Excellent.. thanks for letting me know about the price and explaining the B-strut. I've not seen these for the EP but I'll let you know if I find one tonight.

In the five years I've had my EP3, I've only had four occasions where I've had passengers in the back. This would be the perfect excuse to say I have only two seats like my sister always says with her roadster. :lol:

Our familys drive way is great, if we go out with more than 3 people at time we have a problem.

Brothers s2000....2 seats...

Mums slk....2 seats...

My EP....2 seats :lol:

7.jpg

Yours will look alot tidier, i removed all my sound deadning with a chisel and hairdryer :lol:

I think this smiley works best.. :twisted:

Serious question. Have you found a massive difference once you stripped out all the material? Feel faster and more nimble in the bends? I've found the back end more planted with a bit of weight in the boot i.e. shopping for Mum, my work and gym gear etc.

I tried the rear seats/bench removal, carpet and cardboard out (you are right, it was tidier than yours!), spare wheel out and damned it was loud! So it all went back in. :lol:

I've had an idea. There's an old fella at work who is handy with his Tig/arc welding equipment. How easy you reckon it would be to fabricate a B-strut? The bar would be something solid like steel or aluminum but I think the brackets may be hard to make without some sort of template.. Your thoughts?

It definately is louder with nothing in, but its not as boomy (Used to drone on motorways). I actually prefer it.

The back end is a little light in the bends, but with a decent setup, it handles like a dream. It handles good now, just cant wait to brace it all up.

I cant see there being a problem with the fabrication of the b-pillar. As far as im aware, the bpillar in the EK/EG's bolt on to the seat belt rail bolts and sits close to the rear bench (on the floor). If you were to get it done, i definately want one :lol:

I will tidy mine up abit, just need to get the rest of the sound deadning out and paint it all up.

The car seems to pick up better with no weight in the boot, can feel it pull better out of the bends. I first took mine out a year and a half a go, god knows where my rear seats are now, they never go in :lol:

Crap picture, however :

jjrbpillarbrace-s.jpg

As you can see each end has a bracket on, these mount onto the seat belt rail bolts i think.

We wouldnt need the big u shape in the bar in the middle as we have no drivetrain running down the middle. That one pictured is for a skyline

Nice. :)

Its my day off tomorrow so I'll see Mick on Wednesday. I'll have a look at the seat belt rail points for mounting space for the brackets and see if Mick can do a custom fabrication.

I get the Skyline strut setup with the arch in the middle - it reminds me of an adjustable arched rear strut bar for the EP - I've completely forgotten the brand of it..

And yes, a A-B semi frame would be very nice indeed. 8)

Back