• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear window demister not operating.

EP3.

The light comes on the switch but the rear window demister is not working.

Any ideas? As it gets a bit chilly to scrape!

Forgot about this. Not checked the fuse tbh, how would I check the elements neil? :)

checking fuse will take 2 seconds and is always my first port of call for electrical issues.

LOL - Couldn't even find which fuse to check. Looks like it is under the bonnet, but they're all big so will revert to the manual when I get home.

EP3 Fuse box diagram under dash

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNzMtMjAxMDEwMjgtMTM0NS5qcGc.jpg

Number 15?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be 15, but the manual would be your best bet. If it's not the fuse, check the wiring is still connected to the element itself. If the element is broken (a visible gap), get hold of some 'Electro Connector' from ebay, that'll repair any breaks in the element.

EDIT: Might be worth checking fuses 1-4, 6 and 12 in the meantime. ;)

the elements are under the rear seat bench, near the rubber grommits that attach to the rear transaxle joe.

All elements are fine.

The fuse (under bonnet number 11) is a 30a. How do I tell if it is blown as it's one of the big ones, lol :lol:

Back