• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RenaultSport Clio 182 Trophy

grammarpolice.jpg

Grammar? I think she was married to my grampar? :lol:

Litually the best thread ever!!!!.. Well done mate the 182 is sikkk lol nearly brought 1 myself :D
Thanks mate - glad you enjoyed the read. :D

Yeah, ive told him to source some OEM springs, and get an alignment check.
That certainly won't do any harm. The ClioSport is all about the handling really... they can't really compete on level terms with a lot of hot-hatches these days in terms of raw pace. Unless you throw silly money at them. :oops:

Nah, he doesnt ASW about it. Although we know he is secretly correcting stuff in the background :lol:

Bought
Brought
Their
They're
There

All favourites.

I can't do that so had to go with quoting and as Cap points out above, wrongly :lol:

Nice car, the number plate is really tenuous link to trophy though, it actually reads taa phy.
Cheers, glad you like it.

As for the number plate, it was a surprise gift so I can't really complain. Plus... living in Wales... Taffy... :lol: It might be tenuous but it has dual meaning ;)

Slightly off-topic...

It was just over a year ago that I met my better half and (I had no idea initially) she drove a Prem NHB EP3. Three weeks into the relationship I was in work and I got a call from an officer in the Somerset Police traffic department. His first words were something along the lines of, "don't be alarmed... but your girlfriend has been involved in an incident and has been taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary."

To cut a long story short she had lost control of the vehicle, causing it to go head first into the soft-grass verge and consequently flipping it over length-ways. It then rolled over and back into the road where it came to rest upside down. :( Thankfully there were no other folks involved but there were witnesses who helped her from the vehicle. The result...

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

The good news was that she was alright and suffered only from mild whiplash and a few bruises. The car was obviously a write-off. To this day she still has no idea what happened (apart from the fact that the car 'kicked') and witnesses were unable to shed any light on what happened. At the end of the day, she was fine and in one piece and is now the owner of another NHB EP3 so all is good.

And whilst my Trophy is being taken to bits, repaired (or whatever is happening to it) I get to use her Type-R. Happy days. :D

that looks a bad smash , glad your misses walked away from that with just mild whiplash .

Atleast she saw sense and didnt buy a Clio :lol: only joking fella. Glad she was/is ok. The car looks like it held together well upfront though, prem seats too...I wouldve had those lol.

Looks great Andy!!

Remember me a couple of years ago on one of the rebel brecon runs. I was in the Red fabia vRS which started off the run with a puncture :) Was still a great run .

Ouch. :(

Sounds like typical EP3 snap oversteer?
Yeah, could well have been mate. I don't think the road surface helped as it was pot-holed and crumbling. Funnily enough the whole road was re-tarmac'd within a month or so of the accident... shortly after a Seat Leon did exactly the same thing in exactly the same spot!

that looks a bad smash , glad your misses walked away from that with just mild whiplash .
Cheers, davis. It could have been a lot worse; but thankfully wasn't. :D

Atleast she saw sense and didnt buy a Clio :lol: only joking fella. Glad she was/is ok. The car looks like it held together well upfront though, prem seats too...I wouldve had those lol.
Yeah, yeah, whatever mate... whatever. :lol: The Clio would have been far more stable. It would have broken down miles beforehand so... The car did hold together well. I was able to get her personal possessions from it the next day at the salvage yard (although I was half expecting the air bags to fire). I should have taken the seats in hindsight. They would look great in a Clio. :D

Looks great Andy!!

Remember me a couple of years ago on one of the rebel brecon runs. I was in the Red fabia vRS which started off the run with a puncture :) Was still a great run .
Hiya mate, I can indeed recall the run. That was a year or two ago now! I hope you are well and thanks for the reply.

I know he has the car back and its up and running as it should be. Really happy to hear when he got it back . But will leave the updates for Andy.

Back