• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rep Spoon N1 defect - J Performance

i recieved my exhaust from j performance and it has a fault - see attached photo.

any ideas of how to get rid of this ? it looks like the bung hole has been grinded down.

i have contacted them and they have gone quiet.

thanks

So you've bought a replica low price product and your surprised that its been manufactured to a sub-standard level?

Hello mate just needs a good polish. Get some super fine wet and dry then use some autosol metal polish. Will come up a treat. Same process as polishing the gear knob.

Hello mate just needs a good polish. Get some super fine wet and dry then use some autosol metal polish. Will come up a treat. Same process as polishing the gear knob.

its not surface marks, its quite deep thou not showing up so well on the pics.

i did not expect to be doing that on a new product !

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll coke up in time, or you could do as above and polish out with wet/dry and Autosol. Or just get a dremmel with a sanding bit and scuff the rest up to match. :D

Buy car worth several thousand pounds, save £200 buying a knock off....

Makes sense

sand and sand local area to a fine grit, then get a buffing head on a dream (dremel) and polish with a hard polishing wax, will never be perfect but will bring the sheen back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back