• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rep Spoon N1 defect - J Performance

Can't believe the amount of hate for tegiwa your clearly idiots if you wanna spend £200 more on the same product your money I guess

Can't believe the amount of hate for tegiwa your clearly idiots if you wanna spend £200 more on the same product your money I guess

It's not the same product. The Gruppe M uses a higher quality of Carbon Fibre and a better filter fitment. It comes with all the knowledge of a company that has spent millions in R&D to give you the best quality product possible. Tegiwank basically ripped off the design, made it from some cheap crappy Carbon Fibre, then marketed it as their own amazing air intake when it's not. I have never ONCE seen a single complaint about the Gruppe M kit being short of parts or not fitting superbly whereas there are multiple threads on numerous forums telling of missing parts and bad fitting Tegiwank M's. Mind you, judging by the way you are slagging people off on here and calling us idiots, it is obvious you don't really care about about trusting a forum full of people with masses of knowledge. You probably won't last long before you get the ban hammer or just flounce and not come back.

I do listen to people on here this forum has been excellent for researching mods etc, and I looked at various treads on here about the tegiwa and didn't find nothing bad about them. Everyone said it was a good copy off the gruppe m if you don't have the budget to buy a gruppe m which I didn't and people said this is the next best thing. All my parts came nothing was missing as for fitting there was no instructions but a quick email to tegiwa and that was sorted fitting was easy be because there is a step by step guide on here which was great. More people are a fan of this than not . It is the 2nd best induction after the gruppe m this is better than any itg maxigen or aem induction .
It's not the same product. The Gruppe M uses a higher quality of Carbon Fibre and a better filter fitment. It comes with all the knowledge of a company that has spent millions in R&D to give you the best quality product possible. Tegiwank basically ripped off the design, made it from some cheap crappy Carbon Fibre, then marketed it as their own amazing air intake when it's not. I have never ONCE seen a single complaint about the Gruppe M kit being short of parts or not fitting superbly whereas there are multiple threads on numerous forums telling of missing parts and bad fitting Tegiwank M's. Mind you, judging by the way you are slagging people off on here and calling us idiots, it is obvious you don't really care about about trusting a forum full of people with masses of knowledge. You probably won't last long before you get the ban hammer or just flounce and not come back.

I do listen to people on here this forum has been excellent for researching mods etc, and I looked at various treads on here about the tegiwa and didn't find nothing bad about them. Everyone said it was a good copy off the gruppe m if you don't have the budget to buy a gruppe m which I didn't and people said this is the next best thing. All my parts came nothing was missing as for fitting there was no instructions but a quick email to tegiwa and that was sorted fitting was easy be because there is a step by step guide on here which was great. More people are a fan of this than not . It is the 2nd best induction after the gruppe m this is better than any itg maxigen or aem induction .

I like how your post is always before the quote. Makes reading it in the mobile easier.

Anyway back to the original thread... it will polish out after a good sand. Just depends how much effort you put in. If i could do it by hand so can you.

Theres nothing wrong with the tegiwa. Its aimed at a lower cost market and is great for what it is. As for cai's and the maxigen they show great gains too.
But me personally when i open my bonnet the gruppe m badge makes me smile every time.

Why did you fit it if it was a defect? Phone the company and complain. Mention sale of goods act etc.

Regardless of who's d1ck is the biggest; it's still a new product that should not be faulty.

Tbh Joe, it looks like they've drilled the hole to fit the bung, then over polished the burrs away, so had to fix it with some weld spot, then ground these back. They'll probably all be the same I would say, so even if they replace it, you'll still end up with a sub par item.

buy a Loud exhaust to attract maximum attention to your vehicle.

people who check your vehicle see it is a fake.

you look silly

shock horror as rubbish quality non genuine knock off fake exhaust is rubbish quality, non genuine and fake.

From my point if view I have nowhere near £500+ on exhausts. I see where your coming from but at the same time you have to realise how much extra money you spend getting genuine parts over "fake". I can't justify it.

From my point if view I have nowhere near £500+ on exhausts. I see where your coming from but at the same time you have to realise how much extra money you spend getting genuine parts over "fake". I can't justify it.

It's not just the fact you're buying a fake over genuine. There is a number of things that also go hand in hand with buying a copy or knock off. Firstly, you are directly taking money from the original companies, thus making it harder for them to keep developing parts for our cars. Spoon aren't some massive giant, they are a small hand run company, who develop parts for the Honda brand as that is where their loyalty lies, they love the cars Honda produces, so they in turn give us owners some great parts to go on them. Secondly you are in some small way giving money to people who will actively rip off the designers and builders of the genuine parts. This may not seem much to you when you are saving a few hundred quid, but at the end of the day, a copy part is still breaching a copyright law somewhere, so is effectively illegal. And thirdly, you're are paying for sub par goods. They have to save money somewhere, so they use cheaper metals or carbon fibres etc. they will not take the time to inspect the item so you end up with problems like the one here. You will most likely also get very bad customer relations as the company producing them really only want to make money from you, they don't care if the exhaust turns up and it has fitting bolts missing, or a great big patch of grind mark left on the tip.

All in all, what I m saying is, you might think genuine parts are expensive, but they are that way for a reason, you pay for quality and the pride of being able to say you have an original Spoon Exhaust or a real Gruppe M intake etc.

a 2nd hand genuine N1 is circa £200

its the price of a fake + the price of a tank of fuel.

if you cant afford that, then its time to pack up

You might think that the conduct of companies like Tegiwa is unethical but I very much doubt that it's illegal. Directly breaching the copyright of a design is an easy thing to prove. It would be financial suicide for any company to do this.

This.

Plus I doubt companies like 'Spoon' have a 'passion for Honda'. They have a passion for profits like most organisations.

What you're saying NYA is people should pay for ethics?

I think you're missing his point a bit.

Yes Spoon do have impressive demo cars, but that's what they're for. A moving advertisement.

Back