• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Repugnant Rice Krispy is home.

Nah....I've said before stu it doesn't need anymore grunt.

It's JCW OEM switchable shift light indicator mate. Last one in the uk after fcuking about most of the afternoon.
Bit geeky, but as its OEM I liked it & rare as rocking horse shizzle now.

[video=youtube;_1-ed0dUOZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1-ed0dUOZs[/video]

:lol: normally said by someone that can't corner a car.
Only joshing.

Might be something I look into later mate.

I can corner a car ;)
Getting to the corners faster is where it's at :D

I was only playing mate.
It's much more a challenge as a driver getting round a corner quicker than planting my right foot. But horses for courses stu.

Looks nice mate, I miss mine so much, I wish Id had garaged it. Have you got an alarm sorted on it, I got one that worked with the OEM key fob. I couldn't believe BMW didn't fit one as standard

I didn't know you had one mate?
I thought it was alarmed from the factory. You learn something new everyday.

Got the gear knob on & have to say its such a better shift for the additional weight of the Storm Motorwerks, plus being a spherical shape it's nicer to move your hand around.
Also popped my cravenspeed dipstick in & also the bespoke tax disk holder :cool:

Gave the car another massive clean yesterday & added another layer of wax. But the protection from before was fantastic. The water was just heading off the car before I started washing it. I tried to take some pics, but due to the sun they were a pita to get any tbh. Managed one I really liked though....

13EEDCE6-42DC-4E34-ADFB-A8ADF66AF985-3455-000003A4D734365F_zpsbc5c96cc.jpg

I'm going to Brands to watch a pal in a shake down Wednesday, I'll try for some better pics then.

Looking great Lee. I was surprised to see the OEM rims are 18"s, I know mine had the 17"s and it handled pretty good, just a shame about the run flat tyres, I absolutely hated them. Looking forward to some more pics ;)

Cheers mate.
The run flats are so so bad, there is a corner I drive very often & always gauge how good a car is handling wise on the composure & speed I get around it, put it this way I can corner almost as quick in the old mans Vectra estate in decent rubber.
The RFs just have no feedback at all. The new rubber will go on in the next couple of weeks. I didn't release the rears are actually very near the wear markers anyways.

My ARBs just arrived this morning. Just waiting on my lower front brace & then they'll all go out to Powdercoat together before fitting. once they're fitted nothing more will be done until 1320 get their mitts on it for the new/alternate gauges, oil cooler set-up, brake set up & general lovin.

Got the gear knob on & have to say its such a better shift for the additional weight of the Storm Motorwerks, plus being a spherical shape it's nicer to move your hand around.
Also popped my cravenspeed dipstick in & also the bespoke tax disk holder :cool:

Gave the car another massive clean yesterday & added another layer of wax. But the protection from before was fantastic. The water was just heading off the car before I started washing it. I tried to take some pics, but due to the sun they were a pita to get any tbh. Managed one I really liked though....

13EEDCE6-42DC-4E34-ADFB-A8ADF66AF985-3455-000003A4D734365F_zpsbc5c96cc.jpg

I'm going to Brands to watch a pal in a shake down Wednesday, I'll try for some better pics then.

Great pic :)

R56 shift light done :cool:

Was a right royal pita even though I had a how too. So so fiddly.
But glad I've dine it & IMO so much better than the R53 one anyways.

76836A74-9663-48F7-A7AE-9B5D167A0B7C-5038-000005AE165CBDF9_zps95fa1c47.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...5B8FB1D-5038-000005AC6D739618_zpse7754eac.mp4

Apologies for the noise, I was at Brands watching some friends on track.

Here's a start up in the dark...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...222AC6F-5125-000005B1D4393959_zps3becf39c.mp4

I think I've set the full flash at 6750rpm, but I can always change it.

Performance -
Magnacor R-100 ignition leads
Deflapped air box with ITG filter
Stainless bolt upgrade on intercooler

Interior -
JCW alcantara/leather steering wheel
JCW carbon steering wheel trim
JCW carbon/leather hand brake
Storm Motorwerks Titanium gear knob
JCW auxillary gauges... very rare grey-faced instruments
R56 retro fitted shift light
Bespoke Engraved Tax Disk Holder
Rennline RS Sytle door pulls
BMW/Mini lockable glovebox
BMW/Mini boot protector and stowage net
Ipod connector and Ipod
Various other bits including... warning triangle, 2 x high vis vests, spare jacking block, oil kit pouch, spare handbook (all new and kept in car)

Brakes -
JCW front drilled and grooved discs/pads
JCW wheel centres

Suspension -
Cravenspeed under tower indurators

Other -
Running lights upgrade
PIAA front headlight bulbs (high and low beam)
BMW/Mini evo wiper blades
BMW/Mini sport aerial
Cravenspeed dipstick

What's an under tower indurator?

They are a preventative measure from the strut turret mushrooming at the top.
They insert above the front struts & take the majority of the jarring impact away from the strut spreading the load. They just look like a sheet of metal.

I've fixed the links for you Lee.

Thanks mate.
How come they don't embed or is it gonna confuse me? :lol:

Well the rear ARB is on, but front is not nor is the lower OMP strut.
We spend about 6 hours trying to get some of the subframe bolts out due to them having open bottomed holes so being exposed to all sorts of road grime. It was purely rubbish in the threads & we had the use of all tools apart from a 4 poster lift. Dropping the whole front subframe has to be the best way to fit the front ARB. Nightmare!!!!

How the lower OMP is mounted also baffled us as the GP has an almost completely flat floor.

I think the front ARB & OMP can be done by 1320 when I'm there, but I do not want anything cut to get either in.

But the new rubber is going on today which is something. :D

Back