• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Restoring Red to its best

Wondering what products you guys use with your Honda's and that to bring the best out of the red? to hide any fading? and which products give you the best finish?

Spacemonkey's ears will be twitching now and no doubt he'll along shortly to advise you! :p :lol:

By hand I'd say:

Wash with choice of shampoo & 2 bucket method,
Dry
Clay
Polish
Seal (Not essential unless going balls out imo)
Wax
Dress tyres
Clean & dress interior.

I'll list what I used on my old Milano CTR in the past & you can see the results here: here & ] [/B]here

Although ignore the products & order used on those posts as I have learnt by the error of my ways ;)

Shampoo - Megs NXT Shampoo with wash mitt
Clay - Megs Quick Clay System (So easy to use it's silly)
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglyms Extra Gloss Protection (Pain in the arse to use, only use a very thin layer)
Wax - I personally think Nattys Blue Paste Wax will look gorgeous on Milano thats well prep'd. Alternatively if you can find some Natty's Red Limited Edition Paste Wax
Tyre Dress - Megs Tyre Dressing
Apply polish & wax with applicator pads & use microfibre cloths to remove the product.

It's common sense in all honest.
Use the above easy to get hold of products in that order & if your not impressed I'll be very very surprised.

Just looked at your milano CTR, absolutely brilliant and will be using the above mentioned products as I would love to see mine looking as sparkling as that!! Cheers for listing the products.

By hand I'd say:

Dry
Clay
Polish
Wax
Dress tyres
Clean & dress interior.

Lee, why leave the interior until last? :confused:

Apart from glass polishing it seems to make more sense to clean the inside first.

Enlighten me by all means. :lol:

I would say you would get better results using the first 2 steps from the Megs 3 step system for a 'Hand Job' (oo-er)

The Paint cleaner (step 1) will take off the oxidation better then the SRP and the Step 2 (Glaze) will give you a deeper gloss too.

The use a wax like the suggested Nattys or a sealant like Jet seal or Megs NXT

The clay system works very well and is worth doing if you have the time.

Lee

Lee, why leave the interior until last? :confused:

Apart from glass polishing it seems to make more sense to clean the inside first.

Enlighten me by all means. :lol:

It's just a personal thing tbh mate.

I find whilst doing the interior any water lurking will work it's way loose & you can deal with them whilst your gear is still out, rather than going for a drive to find water all over the place ;)

Also gives the tyre dressing time to go off a bit so it won't be thrown up the side of the car when you get up to speed.

Ive read the cleaning guide and that but I am still a little unsure what applicants you use or how you put the clay, wax, polish and sealant on ... I am pretty new to cleaning cars properly and I just can't picture how its done...any videos as the ones linked on Adams Polishes doesnt work.

It's just a personal thing tbh mate.

I find whilst doing the interior any water lurking will work it's way loose & you can deal with them whilst your gear is still out, rather than going for a drive to find water all over the place ;)

Also gives the tyre dressing time to go off a bit so it won't be thrown up the side of the car when you get up to speed.

Fairy muff fella. :D

By hand I'd say:

Dry
Clay
Polish
Wax
Dress tyres
Clean & dress interior.

I'll list what I used on my old Milano CTR in the past & you can see the results here: here & ] [/b]here

Although ignore the products & order used on those posts as I have learnt by the error of my ways ;)

Shampoo - Megs NXT Shampoo with wash mitt
Clay - Megs Quick Clay System (So easy to use it's silly)
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglyms Extra Gloss Protection (Pain in the arse to use, only use a very thin layer)
Wax - I personally think Nattys Blue Paste Wax will look gorgeous on Milano thats well prep'd. Alternatively if you can find some Natty's Red Limited Edition Paste Wax
Tyre Dress - Megs Tyre Dressing
Apply polish & wax with applicator pads & use microfibre cloths to remove the product.

It's common sense in all honest.
Use the above easy to get hold of products in that order & if your not impressed I'll be very very surprised.

Cheers for recommending all that. I spent around 4 hours cleaning the car yesterday, didnt get chance to do the interior and I must say everything you recommended worked and it looks the nuts.

Doesnt look as good as yours did but I am happy being a first timer...I am sure I will get better with practice.

I havnt detailed a red car yet but im quite keen as i can imagine its rewarding to restore the colour!

I dont like to refer to what I did as "detailing" as it was a first time but I am sure I will be more confident in calling in that in awhile. I must admit though I was amazed after doing what Spacemonkey had said, I could see my reflection in the paintwork and it made me smile how nice the car looked....then again the novelty of having one hasnt worn off yet!

Back