• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Well I fitted my remote red footwell lighting kit and very happy. The only pain was getting the string behind the glovebox! 2 bolts tied on and gentle tapping on the roof of the glove box moved it down! Any one who actually knows me would be amazed I actually did something without breaking it or making things significantly worse. Those joining clips for the wires are amazing! Yes I used YouTube to see how to use them! The remote is the icing on the cake as I like it at 50% or even 25% so it's slightly more subtle being an old git. Thanks rick for the kit and loxy for sorting it.:D

Quick question for rick as his pm isn't receiving.

Installed the kit on fn2 yesterday - red with remote. All working fine then today the interior lights have gone such as radio and heating. Is this fuse? Or do I need to see if there ivs a break in the circuit? Any ideas appreciated

Thanks
Papman

Quick question for rick as his pm isn't receiving.

Installed the kit on fn2 yesterday - red with remote. All working fine then today the interior lights have gone such as radio and heating. Is this fuse? Or do I need to see if there ivs a break in the circuit? Any ideas appreciated

Thanks
Papman

Rick's contact details should be on the instructions included in the kit if you have any issues.

If your interior lights have gone, sounds like a fuse. The kit doesn't break the circuit in series, just splices onto it in parallel so if the kit was lose or faulty it would stop working and your normal lights wouldn't be affected.

Check the light strip hasn't fallen and hit some metalwork behind the dash in the footwell.

Will that make the fuse go? Because it did drop on the drivers side whilst I was driving and I had to just shove it out the way.will use super glue next time!

You must degrease the area well and support the weight of the wires above the tray so they do not pull or push against the 3m tape otherwise they will always come unstuck;)

does anyone have the instructions for the type r fk 2? I sent those of the civic facelift 2015. the fuse zone is the same but there is no connection for the cable.

thank you publicly loxy because it is the only one that is helping me for the LEDs.

I am not going to help you because you thought it was clever to send messages to my phone at 11:30pm at night or 1:30am local time for you. This was when your support ended because that is not on and bang out of order! What kind of response did you expect? If I had replied last night it would have started in F and ended in F for sure.

Sorry I can not help you and to be fair the amount of hassle you have caused before you even sent a payment I would not have even sold you a kit because I have been here before done it and got the t shirt and true to form I would have been right.

I have already explained that the messages started 3 hours after I had written .. my cell phone did not take .. I had not noticed .. they left then as soon as they came back to work...

does anyone have the instructions for the type r fk 2? I sent those of the civic facelift 2015. the fuse zone is the same but there is no connection for the cable.

FK2 CTR is the same as a facelift 9G. I used the instructions with my 2015 FK2 Type R without issue. You just need to get your head in the driver side footwell and look up. It will be looking right back at you!

Hi Loxy,

I just sent payment for a remote multi dimmer for my fn2. Forgot to put address in notes so sent you a pm.

Thanks
Daz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back