• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Robins- Satin CTR- Vid and Pic of Tegiwa Airbox

I was just checking my oil earlier and though I'd take a quick pic of the airbox as requested. It was getting dark and its come out pretty pants but thought I'd put it up anyways.

CTRupdates0010.jpg

Jobs I want to do very soon are:

Replace the gash looking silver bolts that connect the carbon scoop to the scuttle with black ones
Fill and smooth the modified scuttle so theres no hole behind it.
Then give the engine bay a really good clean up as its filthy

Have you got the ability to take a video/sound clip of the induction kit? It would be interesting to see how it compares to the Gruppe M.

I take it these are fitted with K&N filters too?

liking the teg getting one fitted myself with dc mani toda pipe and kpro at tdi north in a couple of weeks carnt wait!

I finally got the chance to uplaod a pic in the daylight of the Tegiwa Carbon Airbox.

I have given the engine bay a quick clean its not perfect but better than before.

I also fitted a Tegiwa Silicone inlet hose in black and some orange engine bay washers to replace some of the bolts that had gone rusty but the sun was going in and couldn't get a good pic of them. Hopefully I'll get a pic of them tommorrow. I've also ordered some Mugen socks hence fitting the orange engine bay washers as they hopefully will match :thumbup:

I've also done a quick vid of the Tegiwa Airbox noise. Its a crap vid and I'm not too sure if I should put it up. If it needs to be removed then I apologise. Its very quiet and doesn't really do the kit justice, turn your speakers up to max as its not captured just how loud the kit really is tbh.

Pic:

CTRupdates002.jpg

Vid:

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/thadogg/?action=view&current=CTRupdates003.flv

As I said the vid makes it seem very quiet, the kit really is loud and the noise it makes on crossover is immense!

Since the these pics have been taken I have fitted some Orange anodised engine bay washers, Mugen socks, a silicone induction hose and got a Spoon N1 fitted yesterday. I'll hopefully get some more pics at the weekend :smt023

Thanks for the comments!

lukeykb: whats the 'georgey'?

Also I've got the Spoon N1 fitted is it supposed to be quite deep and droney at 2k-3.5k rpm? I was expecting it to be more high pitched and raspy? Also will a silenced B pipe make much difference in noise? i.e will it sound better than just the backbox? I want the b pipe for performance gains but don't want it to be silly loud.

not fitted the best, could do with coming a little anti clockwise.

Yeah, I've got to take the scuttle off and replace the gash silver bolts with the black ones I've bought so I'll loosen everything off and re fit.

Is it me or does it seem smaller than the Gruppe m?

I'm pretty sure its the same size mate. Might just be how I've taken the pic? The underside of the carbon scoop is acutally looks bigger than a gruppe M. Theres pics of the scoop on Tegiwas website that show it side on.

Back