• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Robins- Satin CTR- Vid and Pic of Tegiwa Airbox

Just thought I'd start a thread now and then I can keep track of everything from the start.
I've been on here not posting for a good while now as I was very keen to get a CTR.
I had a Fiesta ST for the last 2ish years and started to become bored of it, it was a great car and I loved it but when boredom sets in it can be hard to find the enjoyment of owning and modifying the car again, I'm sure you've all been there.
I'd done quite a bit to the Fiesta and reached the point where I didn't want to do or spend anymore on it.
Couple of pics of the fiesta:
revolutionary025.jpg

revolutionary021.jpg

revolutionary014.jpg

The car was rolling roaded at Jamsport and made 172bhp and 155lb/ft thanks to a Code:red package consisting Manifold, sports cat, Catback and CAIS.

Anyways decided it was time for a change and started looking at different cars. I wanted something a little bit bigger and quicker etc. and finally decided that I wanted an EP3 CTR. I had looked at R26 Meganes, MK1 Focus RS etc etc but all the ones I wanted were too expensive. All the other cars I've owned had been small european hatchbacks so I needed a change
I was also won over by the JDM scene lol.
Anyways a couple of weeks ago I went and collected this:
1.jpg

civictype-r05regsilver008.jpg

silver200420type-r20014.jpg

silver200420type-r20016.jpg

silver200420type-r20029.jpg

silver200420type-r20036.jpg

silver200420type-r20044.jpg

So far I love it, I'm really pleased with it. Its done 39K miles and is immaculate. First time I touched VTEC I was hooked.
First mod is an induction kit for some extra noise as its very quiet in standard form after reading around I've decided against an open cone due to heatsoak and was swaying towards an enclosed system.
I can't justify spending a small fortune on the Gruppe M and when they come up second hand if you blink you miss them. So I've taken a bit of a gamble and put a deposit down on one of the Tegiwa Gruppe M replicas going off all the other products they produce they should be good quality IMO.

Theres quite a lot of goodies I want for it and the modifying bug is defintely back :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum.
I'm an ex Ford owner, and Fiesta STs are cracking little cars with a good chassis. Just underpowered compared to it's rivals, especially the Clio, so I can see how you got used to it quickly

The EP3 looks very clean man - enjoy it

Tidy Fiesta, although I'm not one for the racing stripes.

Welcome to TRO's

I can't justify spending a small fortune on the Gruppe M and when they come up second hand if you blink you miss them. So I've taken a bit of a gamble and put a deposit down on one of the Tegiwa Gruppe M replicas going off all the other products they produce they should be good quality IMO.

firstly welcome. secondly, if youve never experienced a gruppe m first hand you cant say you cant justify it. the reason they cost so much is because they are the best. it is that straight forward. you want the best you gotta fork out. (coming from someone whos had 2 different cai's and a GM - and now drives a totally standard ep3)

Thanks for the comments!

I sometimes miss the Fiesta I'd done quite a bit to it and been to a few shows etc but once boredom sets in it quite hard to find the enthusiasm for the car again.

I've already done a few things to the Civic and thought I'd put the update on here. I'll put it up in a second.

First Update!
I thought I'd put this update on here yesterday, over the few weeks I've started doing a few bits and some money has been spent :D The car had a bath at the weekend so thought I'd take some pics
First item I fitted was the wind deflectors, I couldn't justify spending the money on the full fat JDM items so bought the tema Heko ones on ebay. They took me less than 5mins to fit and I'm pretty happy with them to be fair. I think I may need to attach them with some better double sided tape though as one sits a tiny bit too low really.

Next mod item was the Tegiwa Carbon Airbox (Gruppe M Rep) The kit itself is really good, the quality seems to be very high and the carbon looks awesome. It took me and a mate about 1hr 30mins to fit including modifying the scuttle. It was a bit frustrating at times fitting it because some of the bolts were too long and a couple of the old ones rounded off etc. We got there in the end though :thumbup:

That first drive after fitting it more than made up for it though, it sounds immense :twisted: Its the first induction kit I've heard on a CTR and the noise it makes in VTEC and crossover is amazing. It seems to pull better through the gears as well. Unfortunately I foorgot to take pics of it though.
Another little mod was a Mugen Oil cap and Rad cap bought second hand from a member on here.

Then on thursday I made the trip to Rotherham to pick up some Premier Recaros :-D
I wanted a premier edition when I bought mine but bought this as it was so clean and tidy, my intention was to buy the recaros and these came up at a really good price with a swap for my facelift interior so I had t have them.
I'm chuffed to bits with them.

Anyways heres some pics:

CTRupdates003.jpg

CTRupdates004.jpg

CTRupdates001.jpg

Cheeky little Pistonheads sticker!
CTRupdates002.jpg

CTRupdates009.jpg

CTRupdates005.jpg

CTRupdates006.jpg

CTRupdates007.jpg

Some nice mods you have done so far, especially the very controversial (sp) intake. Pics would be awesome though. Very nice seats indeed

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I love the intake. The noise it makes is unreal. A very deep induction growl upto VTEC and then the noise completely changes on crossover and sounds crazy!
I've only ever heard a Full Fat Gruppe M on youtube but the noise is very similar going off the vids. I'll try and get some pics at the weekend.

Could I have a link to the ebay page where you got you Heko deflectors please mate? I typed in Team Heko and it kept changing it to Team Hero, and similar searches turned up the same thing

My search turned up similar results. The first link looked awesome, just what I wanted but they have had aweful reviews so I will steer clear lol. Cheers for the link though mate

The ones in the first link are the same as what I have mate but from a different company. I think there fine, took 5 mins to fit and look spot on. The only thing I might do in the future is secure them better with some stronger double sided tape.

Back