• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rosco's Milano FN2

£200 for 4hrs labour is less than average rate.

£50 ph is not too bad now.

Considering our average across the country is c.£120 ph.

In saying that though, 4hrs to change some springs is ridiculous. I'd say max 3hrs at the most.

Real simple job.

If they aren't doing the geometry in that price as well, be prepared to have it done after the springs go on too.

£200 for 4hrs labour is less than average rate.

£50 ph is not too bad now.

Considering our average across the country is c.£120 ph.

In saying that though, 4hrs to change some springs is ridiculous. I'd say max 3hrs at the most.

Real simple job.

If they aren't doing the geometry in that price as well, be prepared to have it done after the springs go on too.

Hi, £50 an hour is good I'd say, they are saying it will take 1 hour to fit the rears which is fine but they say it wil take 3 hours to fit the fronts because apparently the shock absorbers have to come off??
With regards to the geometry, i didn't realise it was absolutely necessary but then I'm new to car modding, how would it disadvantage me if I didn't have it done and if I do can I get it done at any garage?

Taking the front shocks off isn't a huge job usually, not on most vehicles I've done it on anyway.
But I've never done an FN2.

If you don't get the geometry done, you may suffer from poor handling and driveability and also uneven tyre wear. As you have changed the parameters of the standard suspension, and components that take care of geometry will have been disturbed to fit the springs.

Basically to get the best out of the fact you've lowered it, it's recommended.
You need to take it to a place that does 4 wheel alignment, and you will possibly need camber adjustment kit.

Would i be ok just getting the front frsu like a few members have done with the FN2?

Kenny, how long would you say it took them from start to fiinsh to fit the springs?

and where can i get hold of the camber bolts? can i use the eibach ones with my tein springs?

Right, looks like I'm saving for an Frsu then :)

Found a place in Norwich that will do it at £150 to fit the springs, £70 plus vat for the alignment and then what ever the bolts and shims cost! Seems reasonable! Better get saving!

Found a place in Norwich that will do it at £150 to fit the springs, £70 plus vat for the alignment and then what ever the bolts and shims cost! Seems reasonable! Better get saving!
Sorry i didn't reply sooner mate, any who i only got FRSU on the front and seems fine to me. However sounds like you have got a top price for the job there :cool:

Who are you using for this? Looking at getting it done in next couple of months. Price seems fair enough!

Pez

Who are you using for this? Looking at getting it done in next couple of months. Price seems fair enough!

Pez

Hello mate, it's SCA rally performance centre in the city! I'm just waiting for them to get back to me with the price on bolts and shims, their sales team seem nice and very quick to respond!

Cheers mate, brother works opposite in the jag garage, may have to send him in to enquire! I would only need the the alignment, fitment I can do myself - well 'dad & brother' haha.

Pez

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap ( and hopefully cheerful ) heat shield from Demon Tweeks, my vain attempt to stave off heat soak! If i dont get along with this i will probably have a go with the much more expensive and better looking TDi North one!

075.jpg
074.jpg

Front end respray or look for a used Gp pack? Can't decide which and will definately only afford one or the other! Front end is fairly bad for road rash, bonnet is quite bad also! But I would love a gp pack! Opinions??

After four weeks of staring at my Tein S-Techs sitting in the corner in my spare room, i finally got them fitted and geo set up today! here's the results

033.jpg
033.jpg

frontwheelbefore2.jpg
fontwheelafter1.jpg

it's certinly only a subtle drop but i think it looks good, also i know it's only 5mm difference but i think you can notice that it's more leveled off with the 20mm rear 15mm front drop on the teins!

as for the handling, i know it's been said 100 times but it feels like a different car, more planted in the corners and almost no body roll, between that and the vtec growl it's not making it easy sticking to the speed limits ( i do though of course :rolleyes: )

Looks spot on. :smt023

You've said it, one of the best mods you can do to an FN2.

looks good lowered just booked mine in to tdi south in 3 weeks time really looking forward to how it handles after this after reading reviews on here mind you cost 470 quid plus vat for eibach pro kit all the camber arms etc and full geo set up

Back