• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rotorstock 3 Results

Hold on,, am I reading this right ,, Ryan done a 10:38:15 , bloody hell now thats quick !

You had a higher terminal speed than Ryan, does that mean you have more power?

nosman said:
Hold on,, am I reading this right ,, Ryan done a 10:38:15 , bloody hell now thats quick !

No thats what time he ran, look to the far right for his 1/4 mile time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So what we are saying is Ryan won by only attending the Sunday? :?
I was told you had to attend both days by the booking in people so I only ticked the RWYB box! :roll: Doh!

Lucky for you lot then. :twisted: :wink:

My best...only did 2 runs was 13.41 @ 110.9mph. This was on normal road tyres. Only went to help out so didnt bother packing the slicks as I couldnt make the Sunday. If I had known I would have nicked Paul's for a few runs after his gearbox went. :lol:

Oh well.

What happened to the EG6 then? Didnt he want to register correctly as he would have won a trophy. Seems a bit odd. :?

You had a higher terminal speed than Ryan, does that mean you have more power?

ryan was running with full interior and standard road pressures :)

I always get very high terminals at shakespear allthough was getting 108 at Santa Pod :)

I think its because I dont change to 5th and run across the beam in 4th gear virtually on the limiter :)

I am still running my standard road map its only 230 BHP at the wheels :)
I say only but think the 1/4 Mile time and terminal says it all really.

We just need some of these claimed big power Civic to run now and see what they can do :)

Its about time you learnt how to do corners as well tart :wink: :lol:

12 July...Paddock Hill bend is waiting for you :shock:

Cool times tho :D

My best...only did 2 runs was 13.41 @ 110.9mph. This was on normal road tyres. Only went to help out so didnt bother packing the slicks as I couldnt make the Sunday. If I had known I would have nicked Paul's for a few runs after his gearbox went. Laughing

Oh well.

What happened to the EG6 then? Didnt he want to register correctly as he would have won a trophy. Seems a bit odd. Confused

Ohh well TP maybe next time, I got the polish ready to polish all the Trophys was even thinking of getting a cabinet together at CPL as there are soo many as also got 3 for even qualifying :)

The EG I have no idea like I said I made it plain to the rotorstock officials that there was a car that was faster in the FWD class and it was entered as RWYB they announced it and also spoke to the driver...................so I have no idea :)

also I was playing with launch control, and stuff for my qualifying runs, and so not really mt best performance as was trying new things :) only wanted to get into the Top 8 ready for the eliminations and seeing what cars were there new that wouldnt be a problem so tried some different things :)

I heard you thaught you had problems with the Gas again, but Paul Jones tells me you found out it was fine :)

Well done guys 8)

Shame you did'nt get 1st tart i know you were well up for that

makes me wanna a type-r again going yesterday :lol:

Hmm...JRSC'd K20 in a EG Civic anyone :twisted:

Doubt it would be over here though, in the states maybe but not in the UK?

Yer Nick I understand what your saying, be bloody interesting to see though :)

I do think its possible to get a 10 sec FWD car now, its obvious it would have to be on slicks (I was amazed how much tyres have an effect)

But seeing the proper drag slicks in action you can see that they are the way to go

My best...only did 2 runs was 13.41 @ 110.9mph. This was on normal road tyres. Only went to help out so didnt bother packing the slicks as I couldnt make the Sunday. If I had known I would have nicked Paul's for a few runs after his gearbox went. Laughing

Also wasnt his gearbox, the quife Dog box was ok or so he told me :) It was a driveshaft seal :)

Looks like you had a goodish day considering the weather.

Get some slicks!!

How much do you recon a dog box would improve quarters?

not sure really :) but the cost is circa £4k ish I think but can do nice flat throttle shifts :)

Tarticus said:

not sure really :) but the cost is circa £4k ish I think but can do nice flat throttle shifts :)

Lot less than that and you cant do full throttle shifts unless your running Motec with a wiring change as I understand it. :wink:

You have to lift off or you cant get it out of gear.

Wont help much on the 1/4 as its more a strengthening thing.

Stick to JDM unless your running uber power. :wink:

Tarticus said:
I heard you thaught you had problems with the Gas again, but Paul Jones tells me you found out it was fine :)

13.4 on road tyres and no grip doesnt sound like gas problems to me. :wink:

Beat you didnt I. :lol:

Beat you didnt I. Laughing

Actually not :) As I never raced you heads up and I have still gone faster than you so nahahahahahhahahahaha :p :p (ohh and you were in the wrong class by the way :))

Wont help much on the 1/4 as its more a strengthening thing.

Stick to JDM unless your running uber power. Wink

Erm so whay as Paul Jones fitted one then ? Uber Power ??? Im confused but no matter

Like you say GAS is such a fussy effort to run right, and its not really always there if you know what I mean, never liked it much as an actual power mod, may use alittle for cooling though later on.

Be interesting to see reults when cams go in on the charger as well when I get the cash.

Like you have allready said bang for buck you wont beat a charger, N/A is nice and its a nice job Paul has done on them throttle bodies, got any power graphs for them ? be interesting to see the results, especially after you were so fast to comment shall we say on the ones on The Keisers car ?

Tarticus said:
be interesting to see the results, especially after you were so fast to comment shall we say on the ones on The Keisers car ?

Purely because the numbers didn't tie up with what IPS were quoting.
I ordered a set but cancelled them as I said. Now........With first hand experience I may well be placing the order again.

Put yourself in my shoes.

Car with Toda A2 camshafts and Kpro = 200bhp
Car with IPS K2 (Better than Toda A2) and ITB's and Kpro = 207bhp
Both cars tested and mapped by Guy at CPL

That is hardly grounds for wild parties and setting the world alight.
Now the recent re-test is more like it, but why the gain now? Any other changes made?

This was the first and only car in the UK done by a reputable tuner and the numbers didn't tie up.

I saw the second first hand and can safely say they do indeed work and work very well. The total power gains are up very slightly but midrange is massive.

Cost for power though you cant beat a supercharger. :twisted:

Back