• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 Turbo part 2

ooo am i gonna beat on your car again gay jay :D

ps it will be with the new improved subframe and bushes, sheeeet man i will nearly have built your whole car lol

sick car though jay although alittle slow ;) xx

ooo am i gonna beat on your car again gay jay :D

ps it will be with the new improved subframe and bushes, sheeeet man i will nearly have built your whole car lol

sick car though jay although alittle slow ;) xx

:lol::lol:

Why does everyone think im gay? :rolleyes:

Will get it dropped up to you ASAP mate for the new sub frames. The handling is getting worse! Yesterday i had massive understeer followed by huge oversteer in a fraction of a second:lol:

Your more than welcome to beat on it, your be the one fixing it if it breaks lol

How come you decided to turbo it instead of the supercharged route?
What was the overall cost roughly and how does the engine cope with that power? Applies power to road reasonably well?

I have 2 spare engines and looking for ideas with them

Brad

Mostly for the torque. If you look at dyno's from Comptech/Vortech/Rotrex chargers they make good Horsepower on the dyno but only at the very top end of the rev range. Even on my low boost greddy set up i was making far more power and torque than any of the chargers except for above 7000rpm where they really get spinning. Now i have gone for a more advanced turbo set up its not even close. Its a poor picture i snapped at the dyno but this is an all singing and dancing Rotrex at 14 psi vs Mase Engineering turbo kit at the same boost levels. The two pink lines are mine. This is WHP.

tbvssc.jpg

As you can see at no point in the entire rev range does the ROtrex run above the turbo. Good manifold and turbo matching means lag is very limited. In fact the turbo is nearly as smooth as the charger, so it retains that buzzy VTEC feel,its just faster.

Ive done 30k boosted so far (touching wood) with no engines troubles, transmissions get a hard life though. Go for an EMS with boost by gear and you can dial in the amount of spin you do or do not want in the lower gears so you can get the power down.

IIRC Mase is selling his kit with the 626? turbo for about 6k. That includes everthing though, turbo/manifold/intercooler/injectors/all pipework and oil lines and pre tuned AEM EMS. Its literally bolt 400whp out of the box. I went for the 5878 turbo as it spools quicker and flows a touch more.

Mostly for the torque. If you look at dyno's from Comptech/Vortech/Rotrex chargers they make good Horsepower on the dyno but only at the very top end of the rev range. Even on my low boost greddy set up i was making far more power and torque than any of the chargers except for above 7000rpm where they really get spinning. Now i have gone for a more advanced turbo set up its not even close. Its a poor picture i snapped at the dyno but this is an all singing and dancing Rotrex at 14 psi vs Mase Engineering turbo kit at the same boost levels. The two pink lines are mine. This is WHP.

tbvssc.jpg

As you can see at no point in the entire rev range does the ROtrex run above the turbo. Good manifold and turbo matching means lag is very limited. In fact the turbo is nearly as smooth as the charger, so it retains that buzzy VTEC feel,its just faster.

Ive done 30k boosted so far (touching wood) with no engines troubles, transmissions get a hard life though. Go for an EMS with boost by gear and you can dial in the amount of spin you do or do not want in the lower gears so you can get the power down.

IIRC Mase is selling his kit with the 626? turbo for about 6k. That includes everthing though, turbo/manifold/intercooler/injectors/all pipework and oil lines and pre tuned AEM EMS. Its literally bolt 400whp out of the box. I went for the 5878 turbo as it spools quicker and flows a touch more.

Very interesting, The turbo info that I read two years ago was at an immature level and for the vehicle it used in S/C or TB's was the only option for driveability. I do like the smoothness of your power curve and gradual ramp on the torque.
30k Miles - thats excellent and very impressive to say the least!
It will be running on a Pectel SQ6 or MBE ECU, with T/C and paddle shift and Quaife Sequential gearbox. 400Whp is impressive from the little 2.0L.

Interesting read - keep this post updated!

To go back to what Jay was saying about it being smooth - I can vouch for this, (this car is seriously quick), I didnt feel any lag just constant smooth acceleration all the way to the redline. I was expecting big sudden punches in the back but the map really delivers the power in easy fashion.

Makes all the right noises too ;) .

The S2000 seemed to handle the power too, put this down to a good geo set up I suppose, but it didnt squirm or spin, it just kept going and going and going....

SERIOUSLY makes you think about b000sting.

It will be running on a Pectel SQ6 or MBE ECU, with T/C and paddle shift and Quaife Sequential gearbox

Thats a nice set up! What chassis are you running that in?

Nothing at the moment Harv, but the i may be dropping the car at Advance Evolution on friday so may not have it for the weekend:rolleyes:

New exhaust incoming.

ASM Autobacs ;)

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=105

My new Differential collars have turned up

DSC04573.JPG

My car was part polybushed a few years ago but my subframes are shot. Phil has located me two sub frames and ive just got a complete set of Powerflex bushes back and front to install. Will keep my original lower arms as there are fitted with the Mugen compliance bushes already.
Hopefully be in the workshop next week followed by a new geo set up ready for Japfest2.
Got lots of new Samco goods to install along with a Golden Eagle Vac bank set up to help tidy up the bay whilst its in.

Back