• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

Another quick vid going up Coopers Hill near Gloucester.

[video=youtube;dLucfi-NV-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLucfi-NV-8[/video]

I am so aroused. Them downshifts :smt055

Get rid of that airbox and you'll have spaff coming from both ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

I don't like the open cone types, which leaves to my knowledge the ARC box, a Mugen, J's or Gruppe M.

ARC is meant to suck in hot air.
Mugen and J's require bonnet/bumper hacking.
Gruppe M I am not sure if it needs the above, but it's £1000 and rare as hens teeth.

Another quick vid going up Coopers Hill near Gloucester.

[video=youtube;dLucfi-NV-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLucfi-NV-8[/video]

Was that a cheeky little slide around 1:15?

Lovely vid & reminds me just how good a 4cyl can sound. What are you recording the sound with?

I don't know how well they're rated but there is a Comptech intake up for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S2000-Com...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c49b1f2f7

Going to keep the OEM airbox for now, but thanks.

Was that a cheeky little slide around 1:15?

Lovely vid & reminds me just how good a 4cyl can sound. What are you recording the sound with?

Yeah, back end does that now and again especially with the lower temperatures.

GoPro with an external mic hanging out of the boot.

If you've got a minute can you show me which mic? The recording seems good. I have a Hero2 Motorsport edition and it's fcuking useless for sound at basically any speed. Did you drill your casing and such?

Buy another OEM airbox cheap and Hondata mod it and put in a drop in filter. Engine bay stays neat and OEM and if you don't like it, you can swap your non modded airbox back in.

I was in an AP1 around Mondello 2 months ago and they're lush. Not sure if it was just the one I was in but it had a lot more engine noise in the cabin than I'd expected! Friend of mine had one with a buddyclub catback system on it and my god the sound!

If you've got a minute can you show me which mic? The recording seems good. I have a Hero2 Motorsport edition and it's fcuking useless for sound at basically any speed. Did you drill your casing and such?

It's an Audio Technica ATR-3350. I've got the skeleton casing on my GoPro 3, the mic needs a USB to 3.5mm convertor as well.

Buy another OEM airbox cheap and Hondata mod it and put in a drop in filter. Engine bay stays neat and OEM and if you don't like it, you can swap your non modded airbox back in.

I was in an AP1 around Mondello 2 months ago and they're lush. Not sure if it was just the one I was in but it had a lot more engine noise in the cabin than I'd expected! Friend of mine had one with a buddyclub catback system on it and my god the sound!

They do have a lot of cabin noise as standard. The engine is way back in the bay and the cabin is tiny so the noise is reverberated around more than normal cars.

Due to the weather, and the fact I'm a pussy, I haven't had chance to drive the car much. Which has a knock on effect on getting data back to Mase in order to get the map adjusted. The exhaust has been on a fair while, and I'd managed to get some logs over to Mase and he's sent a new map. He said it was running quite rich so he's leaned it out - my arse dyno confirms that there is an improvement. It's less jumpy lower down and VTEK comes in a bit lower which gives it much more usable power. More logs have been sent over, so I'm hoping to get something new to try soon, then maybe look at doing a dyno run of the stock map compared to the new one.

In other news, I'm booked into get a new roof fitted in March.

Don't know if you've ever watched any MCM but the recent s2000 episodes have been quite interesting...

Here's the start of the propper mods (there's a purchase, some OEM drag strip & CAI episodes previous to this):

[video=youtube;EY25EjnH7K8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY25EjnH7K8[/video]

Yeah I do watch them, some funny meme's come from them now and again. :lol:

I need to catch up though.

New Spoon (+5bhp) Radiator stays fitted as the old ones were rusted to buggery.

Before:

yIi3FXw.jpg

After:

l7LMqsK.jpg

Also checked the oil, not a single drop used. In fact, it's not used a single drop since I bought it. :lol:

TGM are currently painting another rocker cover which I should have fitted in a few weeks.

Rocker cover painted, TGM suggested not to use crinkle as it'll just flake again so went with red. It's a bit shinier than expected! But it's better than what was on there and I've never been one for having a tarted up engine bay.

EVepSm3.jpg

Oohr0Zt.jpg

Going to getting on to Hendy to order some replacement bolts, nuts & plastic thingies that are around the engine bay to get rid of the little bits of rust and where things are starting to look dated.

While the cover was off, cams and stuff:

RhVgiqk.jpg

XkNv9SB.jpg

Also had this delivered:

iXrn7Gv.jpg

Part of a new ICE setup, as I'm fed up with the pony noise the standard speakers produce, it's booked in tomorrow so expect a quick run down after that.

That's the newer version of the one I've got in the SL. Class-D means it doesn't chuck out loads of heat so you can cram it pretty much anywhere.

Well that's ideal, as it's going to be sitting above the fuel tank. :lol:

On a serious note, lots of S2000 owners put amps there and no one's reported any issues yet.

What makes you think I'm installing it? :lol: Paying a local firm to do it, they did a top job on my Evo.

I'm fitting some tasty components, fingers crossed I can make do without a sub, but if not that's why I bought a 4 channel amp.

Back