• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

I went to Performance Autoworks today to have my new exhaust & decat fitted. While it was there I asked for a once over, some fluid changes and a geo check/tweak.

The exhaust quality is top notch, no fitting issues at all and it sits really well on the bumper.

Noise wise it's excellent. The video makes it sound much louder and raspier than what it actually is. Sat on the motorway there is no drone unless doing between 2-3k rpm, so just sit in a slightly higher gear. But doing 70-80 mph it's fine and not too different than stock. At normal revs when making progress there is a smooth kind of tone to it, almost like the car has more than 4 cylinders. I'm very pleased with it.

I'll try and get more pics over the next few weeks.

AZRKSDH.jpg

VkY4xC5.jpg

QgNMmLW.jpg

HQ30JFC.jpg

The old exhaust:

2YZZVpz.jpg

Here's a quick vid I did tonight.

[video=youtube;X0_f6iy3mPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_f6iy3mPg[/video]

****ing hell! Those 9000rpms give you LOOONG gears!

Sounds cool though man. And looks good in the pics too.

What a fantastic sound. I also like the slurping noise from the intake whilst changing gear.

Looks like a great purchase and I'm sure there will be plenty of smiles had.

Was your old system a Mugen Twinloop? Or is the OEM exhaust for the S2000 a similar design?

that sounds superb Chris.

May have to add this to the consideration list.

currently looking at the HKS Super Sound Master and the J's Racing 70RS dual for mine but was concerned with how loud they would be with my decat.

that sounds spot on though.

If you want an idea of how loud a 70mm J's Racing system will be rjkoneill, I have videos in my EP3 thread that may put you off buying one if you don't want loud.

Thanks all.

What a fantastic sound. I also like the slurping noise from the intake whilst changing gear.

Looks like a great purchase and I'm sure there will be plenty of smiles had.

Was your old system a Mugen Twinloop? Or is the OEM exhaust for the S2000 a similar design?

The mic was hanging over the rear bumper, so it'll be the sound of what I presume to be back pressure on the exhaust that I can hear when I lift off the throttle.

As above, it's the OEM system. I will need to go and pick it up.

Rich, the RM01A is JASMA certified, 70mm will be much louder! My exhaust sounds louder in the vids compared to what it is, need to sort a PS RR day again mate and you can have a listen in the flesh.

yeah that would perhaps be the best bet.
I like the look of this system the most after the HKS. it looks the most subtle out of the aftermarket systems.

what sort of ball park figure do they cost Chris?

Great vid that Chris
I was surprised how what started with such a low tone to the exhaust ended up in that high pitched crescendo at the peak of the rpms.

I liked that.
I liked that a lot :cool:

Just got chance to watch the vid. I like that a lot! :smt023

It sounds almost OEM around town which is great. I really have to open the throttle to make it sing which is exactly what I wanted. Even cold starts are relatively subdued.

Cheers James.

I tried to get some better footage during daytime, but I put the mic on the inside of the car and just ended up with wind noise! :lol:

Sure, give me a runway! :lol:

I'll try and go out next weekend with Des and get something.

Back