• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

:lol:

I'm looking forward to getting it fitted, I hope it makes a change to the induction noise as there's very little at the moment.

Guy in the red top seems to like it as it approaches the 9200rpm redline. :lol:

:lol: Hehe... he seemed to like it. He just couldn't help himself.

I heard that if you hit 9200rpm on the road it makes womens clothes fall off :smt047

I may have mentioned a friend of mine had one with a buddyclub system straight through from manifold back. My god the sound. Are you videoing with a gopro?

Friend of mine uses the GoPro external mic mounted somewhere around his rear reg plate. I'll find a video in a minute. No wind noise ftw.

Trip to TGM today to have the following done:

• 81k service
  • Fit HEL lines
  • Fit boot spoiler
  • Fit Jazz washer jets
  • General health check

The car has had a bit of a tappety noise when cold, after Tom did the clearances this has now gone. Tom was not impressed with the HEL lines, in terms of how they fit. He had to cock around for a bit in order to get them on and I'm in two minds about whether to change them for some other branded ones.

Will had a look underneath and suggested I get it undersealed and get the arches wax oiled. There's no rust, but they don't have much of a covering from the factory so I think I'll get it done at some point before the winter.

Will had to drill my boot lid in order for the new spoiler to go on, something I wasn't keen on watching! The spoiler itself is subtle but does have an acute angle, so it's exactly what I'm after.

iBvtSzC.jpg

7BuembZ.jpg

uiI6ESJ.jpg

sWOT89U.jpg

Hel lines are terrible IMO. I haven't heard of a single car they fit on properly. Always too short or too long and stretching or perishing because of this. Goodridge are the business!

Love the spoiler!

I've heard bad things about HEL too actually. Think they've gone downhill.

And as above, spoiler looks pukka.

That launches pretty quickly.

2.5 bottom end with 2.0 heads. Can't remember if he had the VF48 or SC46 at time of video.

Lifting the heads at 1.3 bar of boost so set at 1.0 bar.

He's currently building a similar engine except with WRC 14mm headstud conversion to handle the boost. The engine he has now has higher compression than a DC5 then lob in the boost from a massive turbo. :D

The problem with HEL is the number of licensed manufacturers. Any garage can buy the kit from HEL and start making their own HEL branded lines.

The quality all depends on who made them.

Car did look quite good on Saturday mate & cheers for the lift to the station.

What happened with the mani in the end? Wasn't there an issue just before I left? (or am i chatting shiz)

No worries Chris, it did feel odd driving an EP3 again!

You're not wrong about the manifold. Basically the steering column touches the manifold when steering left sometimes. I've asked on the S2K forum and it's happened with a few people, probably due to engine mounts having a bit of slack in them due to age. Tom checked mine and they're fine, so next step is to install some shims onto them which should solve the issue.

Mugen CAI has arrived, no pics as it's still in its box. I've got the car booked in on Tuesday for fitting and to fit the spacer on the engine mounts.

The reason I'm not fitting the CAI myself is that part of the bonnet and something just behind the bumper need to be cut, not doing that myself!

Back