• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sam B 1989's CW DC5

So i'd thought i'd start a little blog over here so you guys can see what i have been doing with my new DC5 :). Bit about it i picked it up end of November and have simply enjoyed it in the most part recently however no have decided to start fetlling with it :)

Firstly the current spec

Engine mods
CAI Injen Induction Kit
RMA01 Cat Back Exhaust
Engine Socks
Buddyclub Oil and Radiator Caps
ESMM

Suspension
Eibach Springs
Spoon front Upper Brace

Brakes
Mintex M1144 Pads
Standard Discs
Hel Braided Brake Hoses

Exterior
Buddyclub Carbon Fibre Spoiler
Mugen Carbon Fibre Rear Plate Holder
Buddyclub SF wheels in black with black wheel nuts

In the garage i've currently been storing parts which include

RBC intake manifold
Tegiwa exhuast manifold
Adjustable rear camber arms
Adjustable front camber bolts

Not sure if i am going to fit all these parts yet as some i may change before i do but basically i plan to have a full set up of the basics and leave the car there.

A picture and video from a recent rolling road day where it made 239.9 bhp at Powerstation in Twekesbury

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/rallyesam/?action=view&current=90c3e311.mp4

015kr.jpg

First things to change will be the brakes on Saturday

Thanks Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Update time.......

Boring bit is i got some new windscreen wipers. Happy days.

Now the good bit. Set about doing my new brakes today. Firstly was changing all the brake lines to my new HEL braided lines, which were a very nice product. At the same time we drained and replaced all the brake fluid with some new stuff.

Now it got interesting. We fitted new front discs and M1144s pads. However i had read that these pads had been leaving Mintex 19mm thick instead of the required 15mm, these are then ment to be milled down by Unit 8 prior to sending them to you. Mine weren't. So we were forced to take them back ourselves which was a pig of a job to do but got there in the end.

So all in all

New Honda (Brembo) Discs
Mintex M1144 front Pads
HEL Braided Brake Lines
Full fluid drain and replace

Couple of pics, excuse the filthy arches.

855e4be8.jpg

48f707ef.jpg

d47052a0.jpg

This has brought to my attention that my Brembos could do with a refurb

Thanks, the spoiler is a nice touch. :)

Ill put some pictures up of my cleaning session on saturday later, clean'd, clay'd, polish'd and wax'd. Really brought the paint work back up!

The Teg after the cleaning session. Sorry there was a bit of fluff on my lense.

DSC_8295.jpg

DSC_8262.jpg

DSC_8252.jpg

Things have moved forward to. Next month it will be having a service at either TGM or Performance Autoworks, i just need to sort it out.

But a much bigger and better update is whilst having a chat with Paul @ Buddyclub today with regards to my new oil cap and radiator cap i ended up deciding to go for a new set of wheels. Namely a set of Buddyclub P1 SF's in black the same as there DC5 :). Also ordered all new wheel bolts and got free spigot rings, shims, t-shirt, stickers, carriage and a hefty discount. Much to say very pleased and really looking to getting them and fitting them before combe next weekend!

Aha Drew. Long time no speak. Yep certainly did just before christmas, bought a Clio 182 but didn't warm to it, love the Teg though! I'm heading over to Italy next month for a few days to see your dad.

Indeed, it's been a while!

Yeah, he mentioned when he called earlier this week. I'm off from the 22nd, been debating about driving down in the Panzerwagen but not sure as yet.

Same as me then, done for April then and finish my job for a new one. Get in the wagon or on a plane! I'm flying out on the 23rd for a few days.

Nice, very nice im planning to put brand new OEM discs on mine with 1144 pads TGM hoses and fluid.

Was it easy enough bleeding the brakes, is there a confirmed proper order?

Also good job on the calipers, look really nice.

As a rule of thumb I've always done it furthest from the reserviour to the closest. Bleeding out all old fluid till the new stuff comes through. This is what I've done here. However mine are squeaking so Im going to put some mintex anti squeal stuff on the back of the pads instead of just copper grease.

Ask Paul G off the DC5 forum, he supplies his pads with proper grease, at least mine came with some, and proper 14mm size as well.

Really looking forward to having them on.

Back