• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Satin facelift

Still a newbie but have now owned the car for a grand total of 2 days so thought id post up, Got the car on wed after it had a new mot/service as agreed with the garage, It failed the first mot on a couple of bulbs and dodgy tyres so ended up having 4x new tyres and 4 wheel alignment before purchase.
Piccys:

typer6.jpg

typer3.jpg

typer2.jpg

Currently i have just put the car into honda as the last 3 services were done by an independent garage so unlikely that the valves would of been checked at 50k (cars on 62k) so for peace of mind they will check and adjust them in the morning and then hopefully the car will be 100% sound before i do anything else. Sadly am a bit restricted on furthur modifications untill my current insurance policy runs out in feb but will be changing companys as i do intend to modify it

What are you intending to do mod wise? If you have any questions about mods, there is a likelihood that they may have been asked before so if you have a search on the forum, you're likely to find the answers ;).

Just the basics really for the near future anyway, i have always had heavily modified cars and normally end up modifying them with bodykits etc i.e my last mr2 was bodykitted custom paint etc but in the end was so low it became virtually un-useable as it couldnt tackle the smallest of speed bumps lol but dont worry im not looking for bodykits etc after more of a useable fun car as its my only car

But plans are:

Nice headunit
New wheels
Induction (ive read that closed kits are better than open filters?)
Exhaust system (Bit louder than stock but not deafening)
suspension probably coilovers
Other handling mods to get the best set up

Future:

Thinking carbon carbon and more carbon :D

Allthough after saying no mods for a while i just cant help myself and have just won a carbon fibre engine cover and ht cover :lol:

Looks great mate.

Head towards the suspension first mate imo, and I love OEM wheels :D

yeah oem wheels are nice but I want something different I dnt want a standard looking type r with a noisey exhaust etc + wheels make the biggest impact imo allthough not 100% on which ones though

Hello & welcome.

First few mods should be handling. FRSU (Fast Road Set Up) and JDM rear ARB would be a great start.

Without checking out the net isn't K-tec a Renault tuner?

Either way those covers look very nice.

yes i believe so ktec are normally associated wit renault but guess they do other bits as well as the stuff fits well

Well not posted up in ages so here are a few updates firstly the ktec sticker on the cover is gone lol, have been gathering a few parts ready to go on when i change insurance companys and get hold of remaining parts (hopefully around march time)

anyway the plans/parts are

Mugen airbox
rsr back box
silenced b pipe (waiting to come left deposit)
Rbc inlet manifold (waiting to come left deposit)

And want to get

Piper exhaust manifold/sports cat
K100

Plan to get all parts and then get them installed along with the k100 + mapped in one hit

um not as far as i know allthough i wouldnt know the difference to be honest. Doubt it though as theres nothing else on the car thats been touched

Back