• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SatNav Issue

Take it out, sell it on ebay, get a decent headunit and tom tom :cool:

It's actually a really good sat nav Stu, it's better than Rachels Tom Tom. The worst thing about it is the fact the stereo on it is pants and it has no input for your iPod.
:lol:

does anyone know how to install a new disk to the unit?? i think mine needs a refurb due to the disc error but im playing a copied version in at the mo, thought if i re-installed the orignal it may work??

any ideas??

thanks

does anyone know how to install a new disk to the unit?? i think mine needs a refurb due to the disc error but im playing a copied version in at the mo, thought if i re-installed the orignal it may work??

any ideas??

thanks

Once you stick a newer disk in, it automatically updates the software on the unit.

It will then not recognise an older disk as a map disk and there's no way of reverting back to a previous software version. :rolleyes:

Just done some digging since your post and found that you can force the sat nav to reload an earlier disk. Ive done it and its solved my disk reading error. I think it was because of the copied version.
Also where i found this, people where cleaning their disk lens themselves and finding it would sort the problem out, one way involves wrapping a wet wipe around a ruler, putting it in teh disc drive and moving it side to side!! ha seems to work for some!! have a look if it may help you, it includes the force download at the bottom,

http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=68955

Just done some digging since your post and found that you can force the sat nav to reload an earlier disk. Ive done it and its solved my disk reading error. I think it was because of the copied version.
Also where i found this, people where cleaning their disk lens themselves and finding it would sort the problem out, one way involves wrapping a wet wipe around a ruler, putting it in teh disc drive and moving it side to side!! ha seems to work for some!! have a look if it may help you, it includes the force download at the bottom,

http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=68955

OK, the official Honda method for forcing sat-nav to reset to older disc is as follows:
1. Start the engine.
2. error message appears on screen with old disc inserted.
3. Push 'MENU' and 'ZOOM DOWN' switches simultaneously for 2 seconds.
4. Screen turns to SYSTEM LINK page with a fanfare.
5. Press 'NEXT' switch (opens car staus page).
6. Press 'NEXT' switch (opens yaw rate page).
7. Press 'NEXT' switch (opens diagnosis menu page).
8. Select 'UNIT CHECK'.
9. Select 'FORCE DOWN LOAD'.
System will now start to download the old operating system firmware from the old disc, showing progress on a green bar gauge.
When finished the unit should be able to be started normally.

Excellent find! :smt023

yeah it took some digging,

cleaning sometimes isnt enough and the lense will need replacing but its always worth a try before forking out between 150 -250 quid to have it repaired.

very common fault with the honda/alpine units and i think there a pretty decent bit of kit when working!!!

ive now just gotta find a cheap original copy of the latest map disk as im running the very first issued to my car (53 plate)!!!

Back