• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SatNav Issue

NYA

Does anyone know how to reset the factory SatNav. Lately the damn thing just doesn't want to work. The screen starts up as normal, but then after about 30 seconds or so, the screen says "DVD Disc Reader Is Not Working Properly". Now i'm not sure wether it's the disk, i can't see any real scratches on it, or it's the SatNav unit itself. Anybody else had any issues. Or if anyone knows were i can get a new disk, it would be most helpfull.;)

This is a really, really common fault on these units. Ebay is usually full of units showing this fault. Only way to cure it is a refurb or replacement.

These guys do it on the bay, but it ain't cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Faulty-Honda-...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

2666_1.jpg

Mine did this when it was under warrenty still, so it went back to Honda.

They just said that the lense was dusty, they gave it a clean and it worked fine for about a year.

Saying that it did it on Saturday again for the first time since then. I removed the disc,(which was perfect) and put it back in. Fine.

Ive just recently started getting this, im getting a straw out and blowing through the cd gap, gotta be at least £230 of lung capacity in me, that'll blow the dust off!! lol

Can you not use a CD lens cleaner, one of the CD with little brushes on it?

Whats the highest version sat nav disc availible for the ep3 standard sat nav? I'm looking for an upgrade?!

The latest disc for non-voice recognition systems 01-06 in Civics and CR-Vs is V2.08 part number 08A42-1D6-008.

It seems pretty much the same as v2.06 to me, just with more up to date maps!

No major new additions to the actual software.

Sharkaroo - you need a 8gb dvd r disc not the normal 4.3gb capacity one to do a backup of the disc .

if i wanted to put a sat nav in my car,do i need a different loom or would it plug into the one thats already there?

if i wanted to put a sat nav in my car,do i need a different loom or would it plug into the one thats already there?

Assuming you are talking about an EP and it has not had the sat nav unit in it before it will need the fitting kit from Honda.

It has additional wiring that splices onto the fuse box and the speedo input. I'm at work at the moment but I've got the part number at home, so I'll post that up when I get home.

It cost me about £100 inc VAT IIRC. :eek:

cheers buddy,is it worth the hassle or should I just buy a different head unit and tomtom,Im getting the unit really cheap though?

cheers buddy,is it worth the hassle or should I just buy a different head unit and tomtom,Im getting the unit really cheap though?

It's a pretty good system if you've got a recent disk.

I think the code is 08B40-S5S-6001-96

I've got scans of the fitting instructions if you want to see how complicated it is. PM me an email address and I'll fire them over. :smt023

Back