• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

scooby

Ive always had two cars i wanted ep3 type r and a impreza. After nearly two years of type r ownership I decided it was time for a change although i had very much enjoyed my ownership. I sold her on saturday and today I have just bought her replacment. Although i dont own a ep3 anymore i will still be sticking around on the forum...Heres a few pictures anyway. The pictures are from the online advert i will get a few more photos up when ive had chance to give her a clean.

impreza1.jpg

impreza2.jpg

yeah it is very very clean for its age only has 58k on the clock as well. No major plans yet just tidy up a few little things on it. I went for a classic shape as it was the one ive always liked and its a uk one so that helps on the insurance. only plans i have is get the cambelt changed shortly just to be safe and change the baileys dump valve on there for somthing a bit beter further on down the line i may try and get a high rise spoiler. Ive only driven it 30 odd miles so far but im already loving the boost i miss vtec but boost is fun

It has a alpine ipod stereo in there at the moment im having alot of trouble with it cant seem to get it to work with my i-phone not sure if i need another cable or somthing. so for the moment i just have the radio :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use the white ipod/iphone cable, you need the Alpine cable.
I have a cambe coming out from the cd player that is a usb cable i just asumed you plugged the white i-phone cable in. So i need a proper alpine cable then? ** have a look on ebay

The white cable doesn't work no, my Alpine unit came with the cable, I can't find it on eBay :confused:

The white cable doesn't work no, my Alpine unit came with the cable, I can't find it on eBay :confused:
Nor can i. Theres a car audio shop preety local to me i will pop in there when i get a chance....i can only assume the previous owner diddnt get a cable when he bought it as he said he couldnt get his i=phone to work but he asumed that was because his was bought from abroad so it wasnt compatiable he had just been using memory sticks

cheers russ and I always drive safe lol.

thanks for looking nick I will just go in halfrauds or the local shop and see if they have any cables

Wicked mate, thats the shape I fell love with, I always wanted one in dark green with gold alloys :lol: , I'd still have one now I think :lol: .

:cool:

that is very nice. i bet cheap too.

is that a boggo UK turbo?( or is it an STI or more powerful equiv). i had one of them in blue on a T reg. a great car.

from memory i think it has 230 BHP and a nice amount of torque. not going to tell you how to suck eggs as i am not an expert, but if it has an aftermarket air filter, like a K&N these can actually be quite bad for the engine if the MAF sensor fails. a scoob engine in standard form is pretty tough, but when you start playing with air filters and things it can cause quite big problems. if you google it you will see what i mean. you can replace the standard air filter with a panel filter that is safe, also you can do what you like with exhausts.

MMmmmm classic, looks tidy chap. Might have to be going that way soon, i feel real bad keep chuckingt the dirty bike in the EP3 so may have to pass it on to someone a bit more loving. If i go Scoob, i think i'm gonna go wagon stylee, power and practicality don't you know:lol:

that is very nice. i bet cheap too.

is that a boggo UK turbo?( or is it an STI or more powerful equiv). i had one of them in blue on a T reg. a great car.

from memory i think it has 230 BHP and a nice amount of torque. not going to tell you how to suck eggs as i am not an expert, but if it has an aftermarket air filter, like a K&N these can actually be quite bad for the engine if the MAF sensor fails. a scoob engine in standard form is pretty tough, but when you start playing with air filters and things it can cause quite big problems. if you google it you will see what i mean. you can replace the standard air filter with a panel filter that is safe, also you can do what you like with exhausts.

cheers guys.

its a turbo 2000 rossy. Im still only 24 with a few points and other problems with the police :lol: so i wanted to make the insurance as cheep as i could. It has a stainless steel exchaust on there nothing fancy but god dam is it loud and it gives the proper scooby burble. Yeah ive been told all about the air filter issues from a few mates if i do decide to change it i will go for a prodrive airbox. I like the fact that for a few hundred quid i can get a straight through decat exchaust that will give me 40 odd bhp. now how much would i have to spend to get that power increase in my old ep3? :cool:

shes in very good condition for the age and low mileage i according to the service book in 2 years she only did 5k. theres a few little things i need to tidy up but nothing major. in all im realy pleased so far.

its just had a new maf sensor as well as all the spark plugs changed. the only thing i do need to do is get the cambelt changed but i knocked his price down for that.

i do miss vtec though

Last edited by a moderator:
Back