• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

The RBC is an intake manifold, you may be confusing with an exhaust manifold?
It will be much cheaper to buy an aftermarket exhaust manifold like Tegiwa or Japspeed etc which are already dyno proven.

Hi Jim, Yeah I know the RBC is the intake manifold. I should have worded my question better. Meant to say would it not be worth getting the intake one done too? I am surprised they didn't do an RBC for the EP3.

A lot of the custom systems don't make anywhere near as much power as proper aftermarket ones.

Ok Master mehcanic of petrol Gorilla Garage......... :D lol

I took your advice and after listening to a few exhausts, I have decided to save up and get the Mugen Twin loop system for my EP3. I like the sound through the rev range and it is quieter at idle and reg driving. My OEM exhaust is getting loud now so this is what I will replace it with. And do it when I go for the KPro 4 done with map when funds allow.

I decided I would go with the Mugen theme.

Well looks like Mugen, have discontinued a few goodies for my EP3 grrrrrrrr.

lol

Getting the Black Oil cap, did want the fuel cover cap and the drop in air filter but both of them are discontinued grrrrrrrrr Mugen lol.

Anyway Twin loop is still available it seems :D

Lol STR awesome that sorts out the Private plate. :D

The Spoon filter is good but it isn't reusable. It was £92. But it is spoon. The Mugen one was reuse able but £191... Lol Better than OEM though and they are not bad filters. I really wanted the Mugen one.
I also have the K&N for my EP3 and the recharge kit.

Well I have messaged TDi North regarding a tuning package I would like done. :D

Hopefully a KPro4/remap and the Mugen Twin loop catback. Just waiting for to hear back. Looking to get it down next month.

Ok Master mehcanic of petrol Gorilla Garage......... :D lol

I took your advice and after listening to a few exhausts, I have decided to save up and get the Mugen Twin loop system for my EP3. I like the sound through the rev range and it is quieter at idle and reg driving. My OEM exhaust is getting loud now so this is what I will replace it with. And do it when I go for the KPro 4 done with map when funds allow.

I decided I would go with the Mugen theme.

You won't regret it, the Twin Loop is one of the best systems for the EP3.

You've got me looking at the Mugen catbacks now, not many around! Want something a bit quieter than my standard B-pipe and rep N1

I thought TDi North stock the Twinloop, or is it just the price that's made you decide to find it elsewhere?

I thought TDi North stock the Twinloop, or is it just the price that's made you decide to find it elsewhere?

They do. But got a better price. And bought the Mugen header too with sports cat.

But will book into TDi North to get a KPro4 and map done so get them to install the header then.

They do. But got a better price. And bought the Mugen header too with sports cat.

But will book into TDi North to get a KPro4 and map done so get them to install the header then.
A better price you say! I am intrigued! I had hoped to be able to get myself a Twinloop at some point! :)

Will you be doing any other mods before the map?
Mugen intake? haha
RBC?
Mugen reservoir socks? ( +5bhp :p )

lol Already have the socks :D Oil cap and radiator cap lol. And no intake change except the Mugen drop in filter if I get one sourced.

Then need the FRSU done and that will be me lol

Back