• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Screech noise on start up!

Started my car this morning. Just a couple split seconds after the engine turned over I heard a nasty screech noise.

It is the second time this has happend to me not sure if the wife has expereinced it but I was wondering if its something to be concerned about!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

It's probably just condensation on the belt pulleys from the damp air, it's probably fine however quickly check the tension on the alternator belt anyway as you don't really want to be stranded at this time of year with a flat battery.

It's probably just condensation on the belt pulleys from the damp air, it's probably fine however quickly check the tension on the alternator belt anyway as you don't really want to be stranded at this time of year with a flat battery.

Cheers Si you're a star! ;)

Mine does it every so often, had it checked and was told there was nothing to worry about. Had the belt changed just to be safe and it still does it so I wouldn't worry

My preface done this in the cold months, it's actually quite common but i've yet to hear of any damage related stories.

Back