• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seagull sh*t destroying my paintwork

Cretin
Just had a full clean yesterday including poorboys, R222 100% Carnauba wax, Zaino Z8 Grand finale sealant. Seagull does a **** on the bonnet this morning, its left a mark so it offered no protection at all. Might be able to improve it slightly with a machine polisher but I can't do this every time. Whats the solution?

pic of seagull btw

sea-gull-5.jpg

dont park under a seagull :lol:

I parked with the front end near some high bushes and the birds shat everywhere on it

You can't stop a bird taking a dump on your car, even wham driving along a bird can do its mess on your car. Just wash it off ASAP.

but I can't believe all these wax's, sealants do **** all and everyones honda paintwork is getting ****ed like this?

but I can't believe all these wax's, sealants do **** all and everyones honda paintwork is getting ****ed like this?

Its even worse on the plastics.

On my first FN2 my front spoiler was badly damaged by sea gull crap.
On my 2nd one, I had my rear spoiler re-sprayed due to similar damage. No end of machine polishing would remove it, as the acid had burnt all the way through.

Here is Autoglym’s advice for removing bird droppings from cars:

-Remove the deposit at the earliest opportunity
-Motorists should use a moist cloth to gently lift the deposit from the surface
-If the deposit is dry or doesn’t lift easily, place a moist cloth over it for ten minutes to soften the deposit
-Dispose of any cloth or wipe used to remove bird droppings immediately and carefully wash your hands as bird lime can harbour diseases

Autoglym said waxes and polishes that combat chemical wear – such as acid rain and UV sun damage – would provide limited protection from bird droppings, although they were likely to make it easier to remove.

Finished drying my fn2 earlier, turned away lit ciggy turned back bonnet and windscreen had 3 large gull craps on it ffs

But the guy who details my car said he hasn't encountered this problem on other cars. Is hondas **** paint to blame?

The gulls here are a nightmare after they closed the landfill a couple of miles away. Ever since then 100s of the *******s :(. As for what they eat , mostly greggs and subway round here lol oh yeah and any pidgeons too slow to escape them.

I often take pot shots at the *******s with my paintball marker.....

i washed my car last week. drove to the shops and back, and had the worlds biggest poo on the roof down the side. looked like a ruddy horse had done its bussiness on it. my advice to you is too get a scare crow :), or throw bread crumbs on your neighbors car.

What I really want is this, set for seagulls and other airborne vermin :)[video=youtube;5PUusycx3Xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PUusycx3Xc[/video]

Sounds like these gulls have the **** abit like aliens sliva. That stuff burns through anything. I saw it in a documentry once where a team off people went to another planet and found aliens, then one of them got shagged by the alien but she had to kill it in the end with a big yellow walker thing.True story.

It's a Honda. Don't worry about it.

If I ever find bird **** on my car, I wipe it off with a bit of wet kitchen roll. When I remember to do it that is. Which is about 6 days later. Dry the surface with the cuff of my coat too.

Back