• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seagull sh*t destroying my paintwork

This was on mine last week. Fecker got me while I was driving back from Fleetwood.

IMAG0275.jpg

It didn't mark though thank god.

This was on mine last week. Fecker got me while I was driving back from Fleetwood.

IMAG0275.jpg

It didn't mark though thank god.
That literally looks as if the driver had the runs whilst driving, opened the window and just let it out. Lol. Damn seagulls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always remove it asap as people have stated. I'm guessing the products were freshly applied prior? A wax or sealant 'should' protect against bird droppings until you have chance to remove it, as long as the products have cured, which vary from one to the next....

I know it seems a faff about, but if your not going to wash the car, the safest way to remove it safely if it has dried is get either kitchen roll or toilet roll, wet it and just place it on top of it, after spraying a little all purpose cleaner or shampoo solution on it, to loosen it for how ever long it takes, wetting it again, as and when. Then pour water over the area to rinse it off, don't scrub at it, as you will scratch your paint...

I polished my car last June and followed up with two coats of Britemax #5 extreme elements, i find it works pretty well against bird kak. I must admit that i've not been hit with any monster dumps but the ones i have had on the paint have been removed quite easily with no marking.

Not happy!

Just came back from two weeks in LA (And the sun wasnt shining out there either!) to find a monster white mark on my Red FN2's roof....
dropped the suitcase on the drive and ran to the garage. There wasnt actually an bird cr*p left on the roof, but there were two white marks.

Just spent the entire morning washing the car, tried some scratch remover, and the white marks are still there....and really obvious!

Anyone got any ideas? ill try to get a pic up to show you how bad they are

Not happy!

Just came back from two weeks in LA (And the sun wasnt shining out there either!) to find a monster white mark on my Red FN2's roof....
dropped the suitcase on the drive and ran to the garage. There wasnt actually an bird cr*p left on the roof, but there were two white marks.

Just spent the entire morning washing the car, tried some scratch remover, and the white marks are still there....and really obvious!

Anyone got any ideas? ill try to get a pic up to show you how bad they are

Take a pic to show us, but if it's etched, then it's a little wet sand and machine polish of the area (you can polish it by hand but it will take a while)

photo1.jpg

Closer shot for you...it doesnt feel etched, when i rub my finger over it its as smooth as the paintwork...so im baffled

If you have washed it and tried scratch remover, then it has certainly etched onto the clear coat. I would recommend a more aggressive polish by hand, if you are comfortable in doing it, following up with something less aggressive to remove any marks you have put in with the other...

Easiest way would be to machine polish it, but you would have to do the whole roof so the finish was uniform...

From the look of it, it's being the liquid variant of BC and then a combo of sun and the toxics in it that have done the damage

Ok ill give the hand option a go...what product would u recommend?

From Halfords etc, the farecla G3 scratch remover, followed by the paint renovator. Off the internet, there are so many... Gtechniq P1 is affective by hand. They have a dual sided applicator too, use the stiffer side, to remove the marking, then turn over to the soft side for finishing off.

Polishing by hand is always a long process, so have patience, don't try to do it in 10 minutes :)

Deeper Detail - would a clay bar help remove the white BC markings in the above picture?

I keep some baby wipes in the car for such emergencies and clean up jobs. Just as good as BC wipes and cheap when purchased in bulk.

Deeper Detail - would a clay bar help remove the white BC markings in the above picture?

I keep some baby wipes in the car for such emergencies and clean up jobs. Just as good as BC wipes and cheap when purchased in bulk.

You can always try, but from what was described and from the pic, I don't think that it would in this case.

Baby wipes are good for emergencies for fresh ones and it is always best to get them off asap

Back