• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seat Belt not retracting

Anyone else with this prob? Is it covered under warranty? It kinda retracts but not fully and is really irritating when getting caught in the door.

I think I found mine did this when I first got it, as I was twisting the belt as I took it off. Now I think I subconsciously take it off in a way so not to twist the belt, and its fine.

Had this happen on mine too - told the dealer at a service and whatever he did its much better now. 8)

Mine has always done this. Hasn't really bothered me but will get them to check it out in the next service.

The main problem here is a build up of dust and fluff in the mechanism and is not considered a warranty item.

The cure is to get some warm soapy water and a clean cloth, pull the seat belt completely out and wipe the belt as it slowly retracts, also make sure you clean the guide where it goes into the piller.
Hopefully this will make the belt retract better.

Dave S said:
The main problem here is a build up of dust and fluff in the mechanism and is not considered a warranty item.

The cure is to get some warm soapy water and a clean cloth, pull the seat belt completely out and wipe the belt as it slowly retracts, also make sure you clean the guide where it goes into the piller.
Hopefully this will make the belt retract better.

Thanks Dave, my belt is a little lethargic so i will have a punt at this. 8)

I'm going to have to give this a go, mine keeps falling out of the door when I get out and when I stretch forward to change song or radio station the bloody thing stays slack. I've also noticed the the guider at the top sticks down and doesn't stay at the angle also not helping. Would removing the side trim also be needed?

Mine does this too on both driver and passenger side. Can the mechanism/internals be removed or exposed for better access to clean?

Back