• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SharkyUK's CS Trophy (Updated 05Apr08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New brake discs and pads are on... I will take some more/better pics when the new hoses are on.

IMG_0126.jpg

Look smart.

What discs & pads combo did you go for in the end Andy?

Cheers Lee.

Salem noticed a group buy on discs and pads for the CTR and made enquiries for me as to the availability of the same items for the Trophy. My luck was in! The brake discs are CRN grooved performance discs and the pads are EBC RedStuff. :smt023

The brake discs are CRN grooved performance discs and the pads are EBC RedStuff. :smt023

Can't say I've heard of the discs tbh, not that that means much tbh.
But driven with redstuff pads before & not a bad word to say.

Look forward to hearing what you think after they are bedded in Andy.....ENJOY ;)

Can't say I've heard of the discs tbh, not that that means much tbh.
But driven with redstuff pads before & not a bad word to say.

Look forward to hearing what you think after they are bedded in Andy.....ENJOY ;)

Cheers Lee - I will make a brief note about the brake disc/pad combo when they've bedded in nicely. So far seemingly so good but I'm still employing 'super-grandad-braking-technique' to ease them! :lol:

On a different note Salem organised another one of our meets yesterday and I put her on the rollers (not Salem, the Trophy!) She's now back at stock and I'm very happy with the result. I now have a baseline figure to compare future 'dabbles' against... Pics from the event here and me and my ugly mug below. :smt023

20071007_run5_16.jpg

Cheers,
Andy

Sounds a decent result Andy.
How did it compare to other 182's etc?
What dyno was it?
Also what did it make @ the wheels?

Sorry for the questions mate, just I know they rarely make factory figures.

I'll look forward to the brake review buddy. Mine will need disc & pads by next service, so another opinion on another set-up will be handy.

Nice pic too :D

What dyno was it?

I'll look forward to the brake review buddy. Mine will need disc & pads by next service, so another opinion on another set-up will be handy.

Lee, not sure how it compared with other 182's on the day as I was the only one there... :lol: But from what I've read and heard I've got a pretty good result for a stock 182 - as most tend to read low- to mid-170's stock. Of course the results need to be taken with a pinch of salt as there are a lot of factors that could influence the result. It did appear that the rollers (Dastek) were running fairly true when looking at the results of other attendees.

As for the figure at the wheel... I couldn't say exactly as we all simply had the back-to-back runs calculated (and results given to us) at the flywheel. I know Lyn (good on her) has plans for another meet next year so I'll look to get some wheel figures then.

What dyno was it?

maybe you should join us for the next one and then you can get some answers :p

:eek: A long LONG way to drive for an RR & banter, even with as much as I like Andy :lol:

We had pple from Kent coming to this meet you wimp :p

(but then your Reno probably wouldnt make the distance and be fit for the rollers lol)

A couple more pics from a trip that Salem and I took to Carmarthenshire yesterday (to check out the area where the Wales/GB Rally is being held). Some lovely roads aroudn that area but a little treacherous in places to say the least. :lol:

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Cheers,
Andy

These are great cars,i had one before i got the DC5.
Fantastic to drive,let down by the driving position.

The DC5 ticks more boxes though,for me anyway.

How about a looky at the suspension bits Mr. Sharky? :D

ooh.. and Pistonheads like the Trophy too. http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=17171

:cool:

Next time Salem's mechanic (Rob) has the car up on the ramps I'll grab some pics of the trick suspension for you my friend. :D

Update: 02 Jan 2008

It's been a while so here's the latest...

A few weeks back Salem was kind enough to drive me up to North Yorkshire in her CTR to grab a set of brand new Michelin Pilot Exaltos, and a brand new set of Speedlines for the Trophy. All the items only just fit into her car and I must say a big 'thanks' to her for making the 700+ mile round trip on my behalf. So, THANK YOU! :smt023 :lol: Until the better weather arrives they are in storage (although two of the Exaltos had to go on as the fronts were worn out. Not a nice time of year to scrub in new rubber but they were scrubbed in within a day or two thanks to a wee jaunt here and there).

new_exaltos.jpg

new_speedlines1.jpg

For Christmas Salem bought me some cracking bits for the car (once again, thanks!) I won't put pics up yet until I can grab some that do it justice - but here's a couple of items I will share now.

A battery cover from Salem:

new_batterycover1.jpg

A carbon fibre (personalised) keyring from Salem:

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

To finish here are a couple more pics of the Trophy, taken on a recent drive that Salem and I took...

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of the good lady I'll have more pictures of items to post in due time.

Cheers,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back