• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Should i have more power ???

Just had a look at some dyno print outs on this site and they seem to be more impressive than mine !?

I got 175 wbhp

with : spoon n1 cat back, aem cai and k-pro running esso 97 unleaded

A past post has

190 wbhp

with : buddy club spec 111 , gruppe m and k-pro

Can these modds be 15 wbhp better than mine ??? can the stock engine differ in bhp by this much ??? Do dyno's differ this much ???

Whats the most lightly reason for this ???

It is often hard to understand the variables when comparing power output on 2 different vehicles.

The most important factor would be if the Rolling Road or Dynopack which recorded the BHP was the same for both vehicles. If you have 2 vehicles using 2 different RR's then you may as well forget the comparison. :)

If you get them together at the same place then you will have a good reason to question such substantial differences. :wink:

Wasn't Macman123 running 223 bhp from a standard car iirc or something like that. :?

So i would certainly expect some differences between engines.

Mines running 192 BHP without KPro according to a dyno that put a std car at 160 bhp at the wheels.

milano_chris said:
Mines running 192 BHP without KPro according to a dyno that put a std car at 160 bhp at the wheels.

Chris....yours is a freak so no comparisons should be made with your car. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Car in question should be making about 190wbhp.

It will either be down to poor tuning or more likely a dyno out of whack. :wink:

Shouldn't think the quality of tune or rolling road being out of whack, would be an issue as the company who did it seem to know what there doing!

The two cars where on different rolling roads but regardless i'm wondering if mine just dosen't seem to have as much puff from standard
it clocked 182 bhp std and 210 bhp with modds 28 bhp dose seem to be a fair increase, i'm wondering two things:

1. The fuel used can have a little effect on output bhp (think esso 97 ron aint much cop)

2. I've heard that the engines produce more bhp once the've loosend up when chatting to tom chilton he said his road going civic got much better with about 15k on it, and i think he even said the same for his race engines, well better with a few miles on it anyway. Mine had only done 8k when tuned could this have held it back a little ??

I'm having the toda manifold fitted on friday and its going back on the rollers if you get rufferly 20bhp from this mod then i will only see 195wbhp at best , but this time i'm going to run shell optimax and the engine has a few more k on it, so it will be interesting to see if i see more than 195wbhp i.e fuel and milage are a factor and if so how much of a factor

Anyway i'll have to wait and see

Fuel type will make little difference tbh.
It will be down to tune or rollers.

Where was it tuned and what rollers were you tested on?
If you do a search you may find results from others that have used the rollers to get a good comparison.

Remember rollers are a tuning tool. You cannot compare results from different rollers although yours do look quite low.

Scousefella said:
I think Chris got a JDM lump by accident. :lol:

I think the RR that was used is optimisitc, the torque figures they get there are better than you get with a full Toda N2 cam setup, and all of the cars in this months J tuner got higher than expected results.

I still think Chris has a very powerful stock (ish) CTR, but how powerful?? That would be interesting! 8)

CTR_Paul said:
I think the RR that was used is optimisitc, the torque figures they get there are better than you get with a full Toda N2 cam setup, and all of the cars in this months J tuner got higher than expected results.

I still think Chris has a very powerful stock (ish) CTR, but how powerful?? That would be interesting! 8)

I'm starting to think the figures could be fly torque and not wheel, which would put my 175 lb-ft at about 144 lb-ft at the wheel which sounds more realistic.

I was on the same dyno straight after Chris and got 195 wheel bhp with Mugen/k-pro/DCRH/ Spoon N1 and b-pipe, so his is definately a freak :)

We saw a std 30AE make 160 wheel bhp / 199 fly bhp there in the Summer. I had 185 wheel bhp in the Summer but this was as above but std header and decat pipe, rather than DCRH.

Jon

Well i dunno, what ever the figure on a graph it still is a quick car and i have put alot of more power cars to shame, its already got to the point where it feels like it could do with more grip and the ability to put the power is in my mind already a concern (mainly because of the road conditions at the mo and my yoko parada spec-2's) !

I'll have to see the out come of my toda think i'd be gutted if i don't get at least 200wbhp

As for 190 without kpro :shock: WHAT !!!!

Dose make a case for my point though can you just have a lower powered lump ??

Just read one of your posts on another forum.

I had no idea it was all done at CPL and please don't think I did when I posted. :roll:

As TP has said, the dyno is just a tuning tool in an aid to fine tuning your set up do not be to concerned over figures, especially when comparing charts from other dynos, as everything from tyre pressure, ambient temperature to the version of the software. TBH all that really matters is what it feels like to you when you drive it. And sounds like you are happy, so all is cool :D

Uk's Fastest stock cam'd N/A CTR?

Sorry to sort of hijack the thread but this made me laugh on Paul-CTR post :)

Then I noticed the question mark :)

Be interesting to see what 1/4 Mile times it does next year if you do plan on running it, then we will know if its the fastest Matt D from what I know has gone the fastest so far stock cams then N77 :) Be interesting :)

Also read this from another post

Onto letstorquebhp...
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 245
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1185 (I have a few light bits)
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 210.07
0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.49
0 - 100 (Secs) : 13.16
60 - 100 (Secs) : 7.67
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.85
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 102.58
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.65
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 104.4

You will seriously seriously be very very hard pused to get into the 13 second bracket, with that set up I wouldnt believe the figures there is other software that will give a much more accurate reading, be intersting to see how fast it goes, but from my experience it wont be a 13 second car (well not with stock cams and no Gas etc etc)

Tarticus said:

Be interesting to see what 1/4 Mile times it does next year if you do plan on running it, then we will know if its the fastest Matt D from what I know has gone the fastest so far stock cams then N77 :) Be interesting :)

Also read this from another post

Onto letstorquebhp...
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 245
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1185 (I have a few light bits)
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 210.07
0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.49
0 - 100 (Secs) : 13.16
60 - 100 (Secs) : 7.67
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.85
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 102.58
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.65
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 104.4

You will seriously seriously be very very hard pused to get into the 13 second bracket, with that set up I wouldnt believe the figures there is other software that will give a much more accurate reading, be intersting to see how fast it goes, but from my experience it wont be a 13 second car (well not with stock cams and no Gas etc etc)

1/4m is really weighted towards the launch, you can have a very quick car and not see the evidence due to tyre choice, wether or not you've stripped out the car, suspension etc etc. 1/4m times aren't the ultimate guide to how powerful the engine is as I'm sure you know. 60-100 eliminates the chance of wheel spin on a dry road (bar 9psi people and TP with NOS) and I think you'll find the K-Pro figures for that to be very accurate, granted the 0-60 from K-Pro can be out as it's possible to spin the wheels in 2nd with some ease, the same can't be said doing 60-100 changing from 3rd to 4th. I do know that LetstorqueBHP can be rather generous with there guesses though, so understand where your coming from fella.

If N77, FOL and MattD can do v low 14's and v high 13's with less power I think it's not unreasonable to say I'm in with a shout of that although drag racing isn't my thing.

Find me a more powerful one and I'll remove it.... :wink:

Tarticus said:

Err.....What about me?
I was the first into the 13's NA with std cams and am still unbeaten with a [email protected]!
I was running 210-211wbhp on several different dyno's at the time as well. Only difference was I was running coilovers so was able to tweak the suspension for a better launch.

Be nice to see another TDi/System-R car crack into the 13's though. :twisted: 8)

G said:
As TP has said, the dyno is just a tuning tool in an aid to fine tuning your set up do not be to concerned over figures, especially when comparing charts from other dynos, as everything from tyre pressure, ambient temperature to the version of the software. TBH all that really matters is what it feels like to you when you drive it. And sounds like you are happy, so all is cool :D

As G said, I wouldn't be too concerned. Guy's dyno seems to be one of the most conservative reading dyno's around. I too got 175 wheel bhp there when I had my k-pro set up on the std. mani and decat pipe, and then got 185 wheel bhp at SVE in Salisbury with the same setup. Use the same dyno again as a tuning tool, and you can see the benefits of any mods, as I got another 10 wheel bhp with the DCRH at the same place.

Jon

Back