• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Show me your tweeters folks, pretty please!!

Just in the process of fitting the Alpine type R comps to my motor and have got 3 options for tweeter mounting.

1. Flush in the door card (most of Dalcos are fitted like so)
2. On the back of the door mirror mounting
3. On/in the A pillar

Any pics or advice welcome.
Cheers
AC :lol:

I'll post pics of mine up on the weekend if you can hang on that long. I put mine behind the wing mirrors but in hindsight I should have tried a few different locations to see what sounded best.

Use some bluetak and try different positions to see what sounds best to you, remember what sounds good for me might not sound so good to you, its all about personal preference.

Good luck.

Funky said:
I'll post pics of mine up on the weekend if you can hang on that long. I put mine behind the wing mirrors but in hindsight I should have tried a few different locations to see what sounded best.

Use some bluetak and try different positions to see what sounds best to you, remember what sounds good for me might not sound so good to you, its all about personal preference.

Good luck.

Good point mate, i'll try the bluetack trick.
Gotta trim the door metal tom to get the speaker in the hole, then i can get onto the tweeters after that!!
Cheers

zeffania said:
Mine are in the footwell as I was trying to keep mine closer to the source

:? Tweeters in the footwells

Personally being an Audio "Hussy" that I am, If I had components you want the tweeters around Ear level...........

However depends on how much you wanna hack your car around.

Just the sound will be bouncing round in the footwells first before "washing" out into the car............ as I said its only because I'm so anal about music and sound............... you should see the trouble I'm having convincing my folks to mount their surround sound kit speakers in the right places!!!!

LOL!

I can see your point Hobbes but you have the main speaker down there so both have to travel up as opposed to the tweeter being by your head and the main speaker by your foot.

When you finally get your arse over to mine so we can do your mesh I will show you :wink:

Mine are in the same place on the mirror back plates, but I fancy some of Dalcos A Pillars, they look at home there.

You fitted them yet then Andy

Carl

Hobbes said:
zeffania said:

Personally being an Audio "Hussy" that I am, If I had components you want the tweeters around Ear level...........

Just the sound will be bouncing round in the footwells first before "washing" out into the car............ as I said its only because I'm so anal about music and sound............... you should see the trouble I'm having convincing my folks to mount their surround sound kit speakers in the right places!!!!

LOL!

Agree with ya Hobbes, I've always been told that tweeters should be placed higher up, not near the footwell where the mids are......

Cheers folks, got them bluetacked to the mirror plates at the mo, back at home tuesday when i reackon i'll fix em on permanently.

May as well add my 2pence worth to this!!

My Alcantara Clad Tweeter builds:
CTR%20029.jpg

CTR%20030.jpg
[/img]

Hobbes said:
zeffania said:

LOL!

Well, techincally, you're wrong :wink:

I really read up on this when I was installing a system, and I mean REALLY read up on it. The average audiophile declares that the tweeters should be at ear level, or at least at dash level and pointing up to the ears, but the real hardcore motherf*ckers agree that they should be as close to the mid drivers as possible to elimiate delay between the two sounds.

Unless you've got the ability to delay the tweeter sound by fractions of milliseconds then the only solution is to have both sounds coming from the same place or very close to each other.

I'm sure 99.9% of people couldn't really tell either way (including me) but if you want to be really audio freaky about it then this is the way to go.

I did this in my old civic to see if I could notice the difference. I don't think I could to be honest, but it definitely didn't sound any worse, and it did seem to alter the sound stage in a good way. It was very balanced and seemed to fill the car a lot better.

The only problem with tweeters in the footwell is you need to angle them quite steeply up towards you or, as you say, the sound gets directed into people legs!

Back