• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Si's second attempt at a Honda...

Hi guys,

You may remember my DC2 which I has imported last year and unfortunately wrote off on the way to Japfest.
sad.png
facepalm.gif
If not here is what she looked like before:

and here is after the crash. :(

Absolutely gutted about it and miss it everyday as it was a pristine example! :(

So anyway, I've been out of the country for the last 7 months with the navy and got back a few weeks ago. First priority was to get a new car of course!
tongue.png
I did really want another import if it was either an EK9 or another DC2, but couldn't get insured, understandably.
sad.png

So opted for an EP3 as the insurance wasn't as bad I was expecting with all things considered. So I got this silver premier edition a few weeks back for a decent price.
smile.png
(Excuse the dirtiness off the car, still waiting for a load of cleaning products to come through the post!)

It seems though that I don't have much luck with cars! I hadn't even had the car 24 hours and parked it in a retail park and some idiot drove into my front wing!!
censored.gif

So the car will be going into have the whole front end addressed as the bonnet has a million and one stone chips as well! haha

In the meantime the car came standard so I have done a couple of things. First off purchased a brand new set of JDM wind deflectors, probably the last set available as well seeing that Honda don't make or sell these anymore and you can't even get them from Japan!
dance.gif
Haven't fitted them yet, will be done once the car is cleaned.

Bought myself a nearly new exhaust the other week as well...awesome sound and looks quality!
cool.png

Fitting it was bit awkward as it was touching the underside of the car the majority of the time. So took it to an exhaust garage who managed to get it sitting correctly and fits perfectly now. Just as well I did change it, this is what the b-pipe looked like...right dodgy work!!
unsure.png

Looks good from the rear bumper though.

So a few days after that this came through the post as well!!
love.gif

Bit disappointed as the courier company managed to damage one of the bolt holes!
censored.gif

Fitting was a nightmare!! Had to relocate the cable for the battery's positive side and remove the battery tray. It kept on hitting the bonnet as well, so we had to play around with the spacers to get it to fit. Took much longer than it should have...but got there in the end!

That's it for the time being, the wallet needs a bit of rest! lol Plans are to get the suspension and handling sorted out first and refresh some of the worn bushes. Then get some wheels and finally finish off with the parts needed before mapping on K-Pro.
biggrin.png
But first I will be sorting out the paintwork and cleaning the engine bay as it is filthy!!

Progress may be slow as I'm not in the UK all that much but will be sure to update it as and when!
good.gif

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car buddy! Looks like you're doing everything right :) That crash looked like a sore one!

ooo i remember seeing that crash...

At least your back on your feet, love the J's racing back box!

Cheers guys. So been a while and had a few bits and pieces done. First off was to sort out the damage to the front end after the damage done in the car park. Got a good quote for a front end respray and the car needed it with sooo many stone chips anyway, so went for it!

They've done a really good job and you can't tell where its been blended in so really happy! The repaired bumper and wing:

And the resprayed front end:

Unfortunately a few days late someone decided they would put a nice long scratch in my wing! Luckily I got the worst of it out with a DA polisher, but still, a ball ache after forking out for it to be resprayed!

Finally fitted my JDM wind deflectors after about 2 months sitting in the garage.
Clips were useless so just used the tape. lol

Spooner did me a nice J's Teal rocker cover with a bit of gold flake as well. In the light it looks awesome!

Also picked up some Yellow Speed coilovers for a decent price, all stripped down now and need fitting soon.

So thats everything up to date. A few mates of mine bought me the Tegiwa engine bay washer kit for my birthday that you can see in the pictures. Still need to fit over half of them but can't figure out where they are all meant to go! lol

Next up is to get some camber arms and getting the coilovers fitted and then set up. I've also gone and splashed out on a set of Work Emotion D9R's from Driftworks (couldn't resist their new prices!) as well as a personal steering wheel. They should be here at the end of the month!

Other bits and pieces to tidy up the engine bay and then onto the parts needed for my remap.

Cars looking good.
I saw Paul had put your cover on his Facebook.. the colour is lovely.
Shame about the mishaps but good to see it being sorted properly.
The crash looked a sore one.
Was the jag wrote off too?

Nice to see the car getting cared for properly. What happened with the crash?? And how much was the respray if i may ask.

Cars looking good.
I saw Paul had put your cover on his Facebook.. the colour is lovely.
Shame about the mishaps but good to see it being sorted properly.
The crash looked a sore one.
Was the jag wrote off too?

Cheers mate, yeah his work is awesome, highly recommended by everyone. Best part is he only lives 20 minutes up the road! :lol:

Nice to see the car getting cared for properly. What happened with the crash?? And how much was the respray if i may ask.

Looks worse than it felt (physically) in all honesty, really lucky that no one was seriously injured. Yeah the Jag was a most definite write off. Thankfully for me the car was the guys company car and I was really lucky in that all he was concerned with was everyones condition afterwards.

Well I've never had any bodywork done before but all my mates and everyone I spoke to said it was a reasonable price. So I paid £450 to have the repair to the wing and bumper and them both wings, bonnet and bumper sprayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've done a couple of things to the car recently and bought a few things as well. First up was the brakes, felt terrible and were squealing like crazy. Si over at Hendy sorted me out with a great deal some Project Mu pads. I went for their less aggressive pads (NC 400) as I am still using the using the car as a daily for the time being so no need for anything too drastic. These are obviously a lot better from the OEM items I had and they do stop really well from cold, although I'm interested now to see what the next best ones are like! haha Didn't get any pictures of them on the car but just a picture of them out the box.

I still need to change the brake fluid and would like the callipers refurbed as well but this can all be done at a latter date.

So I had been in the process of stripping down my Yellow Speed coilovers and it came to the last two collars. I just couldn't budge them! Took the to a mate who had a vice and we both tried to loosen them to no avail! So gave up and took them to a garage. Hadn't really looked at them after having them in the vice but wish I had now. Turns out we actually managed to bend the bracket and also somehow bent the shock itself! In all honesty I really don't know how we managed this as I'm sure we didn't put it in the vice upside down. Luckily spares are readily available from Tegiwa so a new shock assembly and mounting bracket are in the post.

Onto more positive things, I received a nice little bonus from work this month so decided to treat my self a little bit.
clear.png
Came home today to be greeted with this in the living room...

Any guesses on what wheels I've bought?

Couldn't resist Driftworks new prices on the Work wheels!

And the actual product...

Also in the box was a new steering wheel, OEM on is pretty tired and always loved the Personal wheels

Awesome instructions with the boss!

Finally, had my BNIB rear camber arms and front camber bolts turn up as well, got them for a great price seeing as they had never been used!

So current plans are to get some tyres, fit the coilovers and camber arms and get it in for alignment. Will update this once thats all done. Also ordering some more suspension parts as well over the next week or so, LCA, subframe brace ARB's & drop links to name a few.

Thanks for reading. (Apologies for some of the pictures being the wrong way round)

So my replacement shock turned up for the Yellow Speed's, you can see in the second photo just how bent the bracket was. The piston itself was bent as well but was too hard to picture it so just left it out.

Also ordered some tyres yesterday and turned up next day.

So coilovers and camber arms are on along with my new wheels and rubber! Found a place just down the road that run a "rent a ramp" service which is an absolute god send! haha No real dramas with it, a few bolts needed heating up but none snapped and obviously it isn't handling great just yet as it still needed aligning.

Had a bit of time before heading out so decided to see what the wheels weigh...

Not exactly light at a little under 10kg, but then again they aren't forged

Off to the workshop fully loaded up

Rear coilovers on with the camber arms

Test fit of the wheels once the coilovers were on

And all done and back home

I know the camber and height are totally off but its a general idea of what it will look like.

Also at it's current height I can't park on my drive way as the exhaust catches, I wouldn't say its all that low either. So I have been subjected to park outside the front of the house lol

So I have some custom track rods coming from Area Motorsport next week which help elevate the strain the standard EP3 ones have once lowered as they are shorter and have more threads enabling more toe adjustment (something EP's lack in massively!). Also going to order the rack raiser from Tegiwa and some Buddyclub RCA's to finish it off before a geo setup, hopefully at TGM.

I'll be at Japfest next week, but haven't got a pass for it so just going through the general public entrance. Probably see a few of you there

Thanks for reading

So my exhaust is scraping on EVERYTHING! lol I won't be running this low once I have the geo set up, but a mate of mine said his was a little better once he had a different manifold on. Anyone know if this would help? This is me parked up outside the front of my house on the curb and the clearance the B pipe has! :scare:

I was booked in for an alignment at TGM this Tuesday just gone but unfortunately the last remaining parts from Area Motorsport didn't turn up in time. Just got them through the post now. :mrgreen: Car is in to get one of the rear arches painted on Monday after it cracked from rolling the arches. Then hopefully I can get round to fitting these parts next Friday/ weekend.

Anyway, the parts that turned up;

Rack raiser
Buddy Club RCA's
Area Motorsport's custom track rods (for more toe adjustment)
Track rod ends

Thick, sturdy looking chunk of metal. Wasn't expecting it to be this thick, looks good quality.

I still need an alignment afterwards, but TGM are so busy (not taking any work on till the 4th week of June already!)
Can anyone recommend somewhere down south (near Portsmouth) to have 4 wheel alignment (FRSU) done? As I need it done sooner than 4 weeks from now. Cheers.

Only just seen this thread. Nice car (I miss my ep3)!

I like that you've taken a very different route to the norm with your part choices, not at all in a bad way either!

As for the b-pipe clearance, I don't think a manifold is going to help you... Other than more smiles ;) ...k100 ECU required of course!

Only just seen this thread. Nice car (I miss my ep3)!

I like that you've taken a very different route to the norm with your part choices, not at all in a bad way either!

As for the b-pipe clearance, I don't think a manifold is going to help you... Other than more smiles ;) ...k100 ECU required of course!

Thanks a lot man!:smt023 They have mostly been spur of the moment purchases, I hadn't intended initially to get these exact parts but they have all come up for sale at exactly the right time for me. :) haha

I'm concentrating on handling and brakes initially and leave the engine mods till last (mainly as they are so expensive! :smt007)

Forgot to write, I've actually sorted (kind of) my exhaust problems. Didn't really have much choice in the end as nothing I did would clear the underside of the car. So I had to "notch" the area where the exhaust was hitting. Basically cut a chunk of metal out and also remove all of the heat shield.

Folded the edges flat, filled the gaps with tiger seal and sprayed a bit of zinc primer to stop it rusting

Really disappointed as the J's exhaust isn't exactly the cheapest one out there and the fitment was truly awful!

Lastly someone got a few decent rolling shots on the way home from Japfest. :mrgreen:

So yet another package turned up in the post today. Thought I would get a couple of bits whilst a Tegiwa had their bank holiday sale on.

K-tuned battery tie
K-tuned dip stick
Tegiwa shirt shifter
Tegiwa rocker cover washers

Wasn't doing anything at the time so stuck them all on.
Have to agree with everyone else the the short shifter is a really nice mod and does make shifter much nicer.

Engine bay is looking a lot better but still a fair bit to change and clean up. Last things to order:
J's Racing oil & rad caps
New throttle cable
New silicone hose for intake
New silicone hose for rocker cover breather (might even run a catch can)
New aux belt
Silicone hose set (heavyset ones maybe?)

Back