• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk's Honda Addiction

Bit of an update.

Blue FD2 is now back to stock, but needs a fair bit of small bits and pieces.

White FD2 is now in the process of being charged, should have it back tomorrow after the dyno.

Some pics of the car mid from when I washed the bay the day before taking it in.
IMG_8804.jpg
IMG_8807.jpg

Changing to the Walbro fuel pump
IMG_8811.jpg

Spoon Catback exhaust (which version I cannot say as it was pilfered from my blue FD2)
Excuse the underside of the blue car ...
IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8813.jpg
IMG_8797.jpg
IMG_8800.jpg

Flashpro with Bluetooth
IMG_8861.jpg

Mid install
IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8925.jpg

Waiting for lines to be fabbed for the AC and PS
IMG_8969.jpg

Will update tomorrow once its been on the dyno.

Careful with the brackets on that traction fluid bottle. Mine was originally mounted in the exact same place as yours on the supplied brackets and both of them snapped, leaving the bottle loose in the bay.

Also those jubilee clamps on the bit of flexi pipe from the boost pipe to the inlet manifold aren't strong enough to hold the boost pipe in the flexi pipe and it starts to move, giving an intake leak which starts off as hunting. Swap them out for some decent mikalor clamps and you are laughing.

Looks tidy apart from that though. :smt023

Careful with the brackets on that traction fluid bottle. Mine was originally mounted in the exact same place as yours on the supplied brackets and both of them snapped, leaving the bottle loose in the bay.

Also those jubilee clamps on the bit of flexi pipe from the boost pipe to the inlet manifold aren't strong enough to hold the boost pipe in the flexi pipe and it starts to move, giving an intake leak which starts off as hunting. Swap them out for some decent mikalor clamps and you are laughing.

Looks tidy apart from that though. :smt023

Thank you for the heads up, you are going to laugh, the brackets are already broken so gone with the JDM AF route of cable tying them to the mounting stay.

Will get my mech to replace the clamps on the boost pipe, they did look a bit suspect.

:lol: Yeah, I cable tied mine until I got some decent brackets made up. :roll:

Look forward to seeing what you make. :smt023

So got the car tuned today.

Managed to make 202kw at the wheels or 274.6HP.
When checking boost it was only at 0.4 bar ... thanks to being 1400m above sea level :|

Car feels very good, can definitely feel a header on the horizon to just free up some extra power.
Will post the graph up once photo bucket allows me to access their page.

So got the car tuned today.

Managed to make 202kw at the wheels or 274.6HP.
When checking boost it was only at 0.4 bar ... thanks to being 1400m above sea level :|

Car feels very good, can definitely feel a header on the horizon to just free up some extra power.
Will post the graph up once photo bucket allows me to access their page.

Photobox is better I had problems with photobucket

Pics as promised

Loaded on the dyno
IMG_9009.jpg

Graphs - kw and torque (Red the tweaked map from blue car - Blue after tune)
IMG_9021.jpg

IMG_9023.jpg

Back