• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Small Coolant Leak - Bottom Right of Radiator?

Morning All,

Leak Position: Looking at a pre-face lift EP3's front end, bottom right of the rad behind the lower grille in the bumper above the splitter...

Just before I left for work this morning, noticed a small patch of damp under the front end. Investigated further and it was just a small amount of coolant. Checked levels etc, drove to work steadily, kept an eye on the guage etc - all OK.

Got to work to inspect the leak again. To no ones suprise it was leaking a little quicker due to the pressure and making a small 'hissing' sound... levels still all OK...

Any ideas? Could this just be a hose job!?

I looked under google images for a rad and ep3's with removed bumpers but to no avail...

Thanks
J

Could be best to get a new Rad tbh. I had a small crack on my Milano from a stone chip, it got worse very quickly. I got a refurbed Rad and it was perfect, and most recon companies will offer a guarantee with the replacement ;)

Turns out I have a pin hole in the bottom right of the rad. Ordered a new one, fitment Saturday along with Oil change...

Driving around in it until then but only short 7m journeys avoiding traffic at all costs which means getting up for work early...

NYA - what rad did you buy? I just ordered a standard one of Ebay for £50. It has a 2 year warranty but I think I messed up buying a cheap one to be honest. Should have got a nice alu one....

I just got a standard replacement mate, the one with the car is pretty efficient and for the money you can't complain. You could always save for an Ali one at a later date. Glad you're getting it sorted quick though before it does any damage ;)

NYA - did the standard replacement have the pressuriser hole for the pressuriser cap on the top? I'm worried I have ordered one that won't. It was specifically for a CTR 2001 on so I assume it should have if they know what they are doing!!!

If its based on the OEM one mate I would have thought it will be a direct copy/replacement. I had mine fitted by the company that supplied it as it was part of the price, so I didn't see the difference tbh. It worked exactly the same as the previous though and I never had any issues with it.

Back