• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Snowfoam and wash mitts

It's taken 2 years to get through 5 litres of snow foam (!) and now the time has come to purchase some more. So the question is has the stuff changed since I last bought it? My last lot came from auto rae-chem who seemed to get on the snow foam band wagon first. These days everyone does it so i'm wondering if it is all the same.

Might as well buy a wash mitt whilst I am at it - my yellow schmitt has also lasted around 2 years and i've been well happy, anything better out there for around a tenner before I go and buy another one?

Snow foam still does the same job mate, doesn't do much cleaning. I personally use a normal shampoo (Duragloss 901) for foaming up.

Wash mitt wise - I have an unbranded one from seriousperformance which has lasted almost 2 years with care.

There's a new wash mitt from Dodo Juice on cleanyourcar.com called the Wookies Fist!! :smt043

I will definatly be purchasing it just for its name!

Ive had a turtle wax one for th elast 2 years too which has been great.

Seen here : Wookie

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from Halfrauds with the 3 for 2 offer. AFAIK it's under a tenner and does a pretty good job, it's really soft too.

Cheers but unfortunately they don't do snow foam, shame cause I want some clay to so would have been good for 3 for 2!

Right, snow foam is sorted then - on to the wash mitts. As mentioned I like my schmitt, the design means that in theory it is almost impossible to put swirlies on your paint if you use a pre-wash and clean corrtectly. I don't like lambswool mitts, mine has been relegated to wheels and sills. Anyone used any of the noodle style mitts which seem to be all the rage?

A company called Ultimate Finish do free p&p over 30 quid - anyone used them?

Ive used Ultimate Finish, very good company with quick service.

I believe my Turtle Wax mitt is a Noodle 'jobbie' although havent heard of that term used. As above its lasted 2 years and i find it very good!

As pictured here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers but unfortunately they don't do snow foam, shame cause I want some clay to so would have been good for 3 for 2!

Right, snow foam is sorted then - on to the wash mitts. As mentioned I like my schmitt, the design means that in theory it is almost impossible to put swirlies on your paint if you use a pre-wash and clean corrtectly. I don't like lambswool mitts, mine has been relegated to wheels and sills. Anyone used any of the noodle style mitts which seem to be all the rage?

A company called Ultimate Finish do free p&p over 30 quid - anyone used them?

I've use the ultimate finish about 3 times now, excellent service! If a product is out of stock after you place your order, they phone you straight up too!

Back