• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sorry didnt get a Type R

I like the z4 but it does need the hard top.

I would never have the top down though as I wouldn't want anyone hearing my bewitched album on repeat ;)

I struggle to see how that can be insured and a CTR can't!

Reason my insurance group will not insurance me on a Type R is:

1. Unsafe to there standards
2. Well known boy racer car
3. If i did get one it would have to stay standard...

Also this car is only for the summer and a bit of fun, when the prices go right up i will sell in june/july make profit and buy a New 330 or something.

Joe.

Also this car is only for the summer and a bit of fun, when the prices go right up i will sell in june/july make profit and buy a New 330 or something.

Joe.

Not doubting you buddy, just seems odd. Z4 3.0i SE being a group 19 and EP3 is group 17. The groups take into account how easy to steal a car is, typical driver, likelyhood of accidents, price of parts to repair etc

Just done a few quick confused quotes for my details:

My old EP3 = £803.45 with £350 excess
Your Z4 3.0i SE = £1,001.90 with £350 excess
both with Admiral so it turns out...

I'm 30, 3 points, no accidents, 2 yr no claims but no history of claims, 12k miles p.a. +business mileage, parked on the street and including the wife. Lancs postcode.

If he couldnt get insured on the EP3, then theres no way he would get cover on a S2K.

I like these Z4's, I had the pleasure of driing one back from Le Mans last year.

Great punchy engine that pulled strong and gave a good sense of speed. A lot les dramatic than a Honda VTEC engine.

As said the wheels you have are the worst ones you could get for it. The 5 spokes are much much better.

I considered one of these before I got my S2K, but when I seriously thought about it the choise was easy.

Joe.

you think you will be able to make a profit on cars? you must be joking right? cars will depreciate no matter what happens, the only thing saving you is their terminal value

you think you will be able to make a profit on cars? you must be joking right? cars will depreciate no matter what happens, the only thing saving you is their terminal value

There is plenty of space to make money on cars, you just have to buy the right car.

I have a friend that constantly makes money on buying and selling cars.

There is plenty of space to make money on cars, you just have to buy the right car.

I have a friend that constantly makes money on buying and selling cars.
wow really! lol im thinking of getting an EP3, you think it will lose money? i have never heard of cars appreciating to the level where its worth the hassle i.e. up by a thousand or its just too much risk as you will be holding dead stock?

its not that the car doesn't lose value. all cars depreciate. but there are other factors that influence cars value.

cars depreciated heavily in the recession from winter 08 until winter 09. if you bought a clean low owner 02 bmw m3 with 60K mid recession you would have paid £9-10K. the same 02 BMW with 60k is now worth £11-12k.

you also have the scrappage scheme that meant that loads of good old bangers were put in the crusher leaving a big gap at the bottom of the market for run abouts. again mid recession you would have to give away an old banger with an mot. now old bangers with mot go for £500 as there is a limited number of them & car values have risen.

wow really! lol im thinking of getting an EP3, you think it will lose money? i have never heard of cars appreciating to the level where its worth the hassle i.e. up by a thousand or its just too much risk as you will be holding dead stock?

If you buy the right EP3 then yes, money can be made.

Get a good example at a low price and sell it on. If you know your market and your stuff it can be done.

goes without saying really, if you buy something for less then its market value then you can sell it for profit?!

I would be embaressed driving a Z4, absolute hairdresser's car! might be faster than an EP3 but god does it look hideous, especially the soft top... EP3 ftw! :)

I dont think there all that pussy. They are just not that manly. Z4 coupes are cool.

I wouldn't have a Z4 convertible over an s2k. No way. Couldn't care less if it has a 3.0L engine. Looks the same as a basic model.

Back