• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sorry didnt get a Type R

I would be embaressed driving a Z4, absolute hairdresser's car! might be faster than an EP3 but god does it look hideous, especially the soft top... EP3 ftw! :)

I would be more embarrassed at not being able to spell embarrassed to be honest - trying to make a point and f*cking it up with a basic spelling error is laughable. :lol:

I don't work hard at anything tbh.

He said that EP3s are a well known boy racers car and seemed to get a dearer insurance quote on a lower insurance grouped car. I don't class the DC5 as a well known boy racers car and if this is their logic then surely this will be cheaper than a Z4?

Or am I looking too much into this and doing what Dotty said? lol.

I don't work hard at anything tbh.

He said that EP3s are a well known boy racers car and seemed to get a dearer insurance quote on a lower insurance grouped car. I don't class the DC5 as a well known boy racers car and if this is their logic then surely this will be cheaper than a Z4?

Or am I looking too much into this and doing what Dotty said? lol.

The DC5 is a Japanese Import - Group 20 insurance at 18 years of age is not recommended.

nice car Joe not really my cup of tea but each to their own and all that. did you not look at getting a 330Ci convertible?

what insurance group is this mentioned Z4?

Group 19. I've mentioned this fact several times in this thread! I've even posted my confused quotes for an EP3 and this Z4. EP3 was £200 cheaper!

I'm confused by this thread. You say you adore EP3's, you even sent me a PM asking for me to sell my car to you. You say your insurance company wouldn't cover an EP3 but they will let you cover a RWD, 3.0litre, CONVERTIBLE (higher risk). You really are an enigma Joe!! I don't know if i've got you wrong, but i sense a troll in the house.

IMO Joe, i reckon you may have rushed into buying your car a bit. I'd say there are plenty more cars to chose from. I'm sure it is quick off the mark but it really does look a little old. From my eyes atleast, this car hasn't aged well at all in comparison to the S2000. Nevertheless, I'm sure you will enjoy the 3.0! Just be careful with the RWD

its not that the car doesn't lose value. all cars depreciate. but there are other factors that influence cars value.

cars depreciated heavily in the recession from winter 08 until winter 09. if you bought a clean low owner 02 bmw m3 with 60K mid recession you would have paid £9-10K. the same 02 BMW with 60k is now worth £11-12k.

you also have the scrappage scheme that meant that loads of good old bangers were put in the crusher leaving a big gap at the bottom of the market for run abouts. again mid recession you would have to give away an old banger with an mot. now old bangers with mot go for £500 as there is a limited number of them & car values have risen.

agreed.

i very nearly bought an evo vii rs for 6,600 deep in recession. the same car was listed recently at 9 flat.

Well as long as everything goes well and you can sell for more than what you bought it for you're laughing mate. More money for insurance on your EP3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh who cares, he likes it!

The insurance thing is a right enigma though. Did you try other convertibles? I've noticed for me (also 18 ) Hondas seem heavier on the insurance than everything else. For example –

1996-2001 Civic Coupé VTi
157bhp 1.8L engine, worth between £1200 and £2800;
Insurance group: 15;
Insurance quote: ~£1400

1994-1999 Toyota Celica GT
168bhp 2.0L engine, worth between £700 and £3,500;
Insurance group: 15;
Insurance quote: ~£1250

Despite the Celica being more powerful, and more valuable, and in the same insurance group, the Honda insurance is higher. I've found this to be the case numerous times!

The Reason the Fleet insurance wouldnt insure me is because the car was below their safety Ratings, How i do not know.

Even though, i Really like the car i still Like Civics. But it just seems that to drive a civic fast you have to Rev the hell out of it to get the Vtec.
i will Get a Type R when im slighty older proberly, but untill then ive gotten this!

Lucky enough i can mod my cars with no extra price being added to insurance for the Z4, but on a Type it would increase by 25% on each mod, How i do not know!

At the end of the day, my fleet insurance are pretty much Retards!
:)

Joe.

Back