• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spare wheel problems

Hey all,

I was in Manchester on a night out and came to my car the next day to find i had a flat tyre, so I went to the boot to get out the spare tyre and jack etc to change it. But low and behold i had a spare tyre, no jack and no wheel brace etc.... bad times! Then the recovery guy told me they didn't come as standard on hondas :S. Can any one tell me, can you buy spare wheel kits for honda civic EP3's?

Many thanks

Dan.

A space saver spare and full toolkit is standard on EP3's, you can get what you need from your Honda dealer.

Then the recovery guy told me they didn't come as standard on hondas :S.

That's bull, legally they have to supply new cars with a can of tyre weld as otherwise the cars illegal

Can any one tell me, can you buy spare wheel kits for honda civic EP3's?

Yes but it's not a kit and not cheap, I'd check eBay/forums for someone stripping for a track car and someone who's got a write-off.

The tool set which includes tools and jack for taking wheels off costs around £64 from Honda

The spare wheel from Honda is around £136 and a new tyre would be around £70 I got quoted from quick fit

Then you need the bolt and anchor plate which are around £10 together

B__4400.jpg

Ref. Honda Part NumberDescriptionPrice(Each)
unionjack.gif
euflag.gif
us_flag.gif
Required QTY Shipment Order QtyAdd to Cart2PFKL972095TOOL SET£63.91(€75.44)($100.27)001Three Days 3PFKL972722BAG, TOOL£16.57(€19.56)($26.00)001Three Days 4PFKL972770WRENCH, WHEEL NUT£21.77(€25.70)($34.15)001contact us-5PFKL973388JACK ASSY., PANTOGRAPH£91.33(€107.81)($143.29)001Three Days

£95 for the jack :s

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! The spare wheel that I have looks exactly like that one in the Ebay link, but it wont go over the caliper on the front of the car.... it might fit on the back wheel though :S meaning you would have to take a pressurised back wheel put it on the front and fit the spare to the back :S. Weird one!

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! The spare wheel that I have looks exactly like that one in the Ebay link, but it wont go over the caliper on the front of the car.... it might fit on the back wheel though :S meaning you would have to take a pressurised back wheel put it on the front and fit the spare to the back :S. Weird one!

never fit a space saver to the front, you need to move both rear wheels onto the front and put the space saver with the one good one from the front on the back really. This is standard to any car with a space saver

Space savers are for the rear only. That will be why. You'll have to move on of the rears to the front then put put the space saver on the rear.

Even if it would fit over the brakes you'd be insane to put a space saver on the front!

never fit a space saver to the front, you need to move both rear wheels onto the front and put the space saver with the one good one from the front on the back really.

Nah, just swap one over and then put it back when the puncture is fixed.

won't that cause your car to pull like anything as the rear tyres tend to have more tread then front tyres on FWD?

It's not going to drive properly with one skinny 15" wheel on the rear so it's doesn't really matter, it's only going to be used for a short journey anyway.

just buy a spare from a scrappy for a tenner. but then you have to dick around getting the jack and a suitable wheelbrace. i suppose you could get a jack from any old car, again from a breakers for a fiver and then buy some cheap generic wheel brace for a quid from ebay china.

i personally wouldn't bother doing anything, you've had the bad luck of getting a flat once so unless you plan on running the car for over a year i wouldn't waste your money.

EP3 spacesaver wont fit the front with even standard brakes on. Remove good wheel on back, put space saver on. Remove knackered wheel from front and put wheel from back on.

FTL, experience of said things...

This (it went down as fast!) :
DSC02092.jpg

Resulted in this:
DSC02091.jpg

Tyre weld would certainly not have helped so in that case it got me home. :lol:

Back