• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

spoon n1 bung noise level

I have searched and found the N1 is 104db which would render me from trackdays...:(

but if i had the bung in what would the DB level be then? i know i would loose power with the bung in but does anyone know how much?

I dont understand how you guys get on track and pass the DB levels with the mods some of you guys have:confused:

i'd be interested to no this mate as i'm after a bung for my n1, it sounds sweet but it is a lot louder than i thought it would be.:evil:

The spoon n1 is not that loud, buddyclubs on the other hand..... I remember some of my mates on ctro were talking to me about this when i had mine and it makes it sound rubbish. According to him it sounds "like a wet fart" :lol:

Not sure if this is true but some say you shouldnt vtec with the bung in as it could do damage to the baffles.

If going on a track i'd just stick the oem backbox back on for the day.

lol yeah i no what you mean daz, i'm using the n1 with the un-silenced b.pipe at the minute but as soon as i can i'll be getting the spoon b.pipe to go with it, the g/f refused to go in the car this weekend with the noise lol, i was going to fit the standard mid-pipe along with the n1 but the sports cat had the same flanges as the s/sprint pipe (it was done to suit at the time) so i just thought sod it i'll just fit the n1 to the s/sprint but fook me thats a loud combo, i'm sure the spoon b.pipe will quiten it down a bit until i fit the dc sports mani:twisted:

Probably worth getting a noise meter mate,i picked one up from digital-meters for around £40,least you,l know for sure before rockin up at the track.

I'm going to pick up my newly delivered bung tonight, so I will let you know what difference it will make. My results won't be in Db's though. :lol:

Not sure if this is true but some say you shouldnt vtec with the bung in as it could do damage to the baffles.

I wouldn't take to what "some say" as gospel truth :lol:. Spoon specifically say that the silencer has been manufactured to be used in conjunction with the N1 for track day use to keep the noise down. I'm guessing if you're going to stick a car on track, you will pop it into VTEC now and again.

Fitted my silencer yesterday and it does reduce the boomy noise especially when the engine is idling. Sounds almost like a stock exhaust in this respect, but it still gives a throaty roar when needed. Good for everyday driving, but I will be removing it for meets. :twisted:

Fitted my silencer yesterday and it does reduce the boomy noise especially when the engine is idling. Sounds almost like a stock exhaust in this respect, but it still gives a throaty roar when needed. Good for everyday driving, but I will be removing it for meets. :twisted:

SPP-18030-000-2.jpg
SPP-18030-000-3.jpg

Just contemplating getting one of these sub-silencers for my N1. They're still about £40. How have you found driving with it in Jermal?

SPP-18030-000-2.jpg
SPP-18030-000-3.jpg

Just contemplating getting one of these sub-silencers for my N1. They're still about £40. How have you found driving with it in Jermal?

Like I said in my previous post, takes the boom out of your daily drive. Haven't noticed any change in performance, but to be quite honest with you, it spends more time in my boot than it does on the exhaust. :twisted:

I had my bung on for about the first twoo weeks, then like Jermy, it sits in the boot. I haven't put it back on since then, and the missus just got used to the extra volume. I don't think it would cause any issues in VTEC, i never had any problems with it in;)

Cheers, I'll probably not bother with one then!! I've better things to spend £40 on than something that'll be boucing about in the boot!! :p

I've been on holiday from work since I fitted it, and I work for the local council. I don't think they'll take issue with it, but the bung will be worth keeping in mind if they do!

bought one a few weeks ago. keep meaning to try it out but havnt got round to it. no idea where ive even put the thing.
money well spent :lol:

I think i may have to get one of these, this could be the answer to my problems; the spoon being too loud with a toda header.

I read somewhere that the bung kills the noise by up to 4DB. Can't remember where i read that. Might have been tokyo Express.

Jermal you said it takes away the deepness of the noise on idling.
I need something to keep the noise down on start up in the morning. Would you recommend it??

Also if you guys are keeping it in the boot and not using it i'll more than happily take it off your hands. :)

I've got a bung coming.

So I'll do my usual lap round the industrial estate car park when it's closed on a Sunday afternoon and post before and afters!

I'll not arse about and give it the full 8k for full effect.

Back