• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Linus thank you so much - that sportex one is the cheapest I have seen - the silencer looks an odd shape though, as if it would catch speedbumps!? Has anyone used one of these??

Linus thank you so much - that sportex one is the cheapest I have seen - the silencer looks an odd shape though, as if it would catch speedbumps!? Has anyone used one of these??

You are welcome. I use the unsilenced one and it does scrape a little on severe speed bumps up at the cat end. I can't comment on the silenced one as I have not used it.

I've just invested in one of the unsilenced sportex b pipes, it's going to be matted to a spoon N1 back box,
anyone have an idea of how loud it's going to be?

I've just invested in one of the unsilenced sportex b pipes, it's going to be matted to a spoon N1 back box,
anyone have an idea of how loud it's going to be?

Very loud. I would go as far as saying that you may even consider taking it off again and going silenced.

To be honest it been loud or very loud shouldn't bother me to much, if needs be ill probably get a bung for the n1 rather than strip the centre section out again.

i have been running a Spoon N1 with a supersprint unsilenced b-pipe for 4/5 months and it is seriously loud! but, i absolutely love the noise!! :twisted:

Can't see there been much difference between the supersprint and the sportex apart from what it's made
from and quality? I like the fact you've said it's seriously loud, I'm by no means a 'chav' I just appriciate the
finer things in life like a great sounding car.

To be honest it been loud or very loud shouldn't bother me to much, if needs be ill probably get a bung for the n1 rather than strip the centre section out again.

How loud are we talking - I want an N1. Videos on youtube are poor quality on sound (I'm sure i saw one a while back recorded with an external mic, but can't seem to find it any more)

Did you fit the N1 bung? Did it make much difference?

To be honest it is quite loud, you'll certainly get some looks from people when you drive by with this set up. Itreally does sound amazing though!
I've not got the bung for it as of yet but I will be as the Mrs gets headaches from the exhaust when she's in
the car.

To be honest it is quite loud, you'll certainly get some looks from people when you drive by with this set up. Itreally does sound amazing though!
I've not got the bung for it as of yet but I will be as the Mrs gets headaches from the exhaust when she's in
the car.

Hmm, I think i'll get the N1 first and then decide how much louder I want to go :) (and no, I still haven't got round to getting a nice cheap sportex pipe).

On a side note - If it is ear bleedingly loud, is there much benefit (exept a few grams off) of fitting an aftermarket silenced b pipe?

The N1 with stock b-pipe does sound good I've got to admit. Theres no gains worth bragging about with the
N1 match with a unsilenced or silenced b-pipe, I just got the point where I wanted a bit more of a roar from
the car.

I will say this though, if you do end up getting an N1 and match it with an unsilenced b-pipe I'd invest in a
bung it can be a bit drony on long distance driving.

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I'm looking at getting a b pipe and fitting it myself. Does any one know the Honda part numbers for what I'd need to renew? Thanks in advance

Not sure on part numbers I just measured the pipe bore rear box end in mm and ordered a doughnut gasket but on the cat end it was some sort of weird ring gasket... That took me a little while to find running around motor factors! Oh I replaced the studs too!

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I'm looking at getting a b pipe and fitting it myself. Does any one know the Honda part numbers for what I'd need to renew? Thanks in advance

[Edit: http://www.hendyperformance.co.uk/product/Genuine_Spoon_B_Pipe_Fixing_Kit_K20BPIPEKIT]

Just got Honda part numbers off Lings

90212-SA5-003 - Self locking 10mm bolt
18230-SV4-000 - Exhaust spring
18231-SR3-A22 - Flexi joint bolt

18393-SH3-S00 - gasket pre-chamber
18229-S6D-T91 - gasket

Last edited by a moderator:
Back