• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stone's Fast Road/ Track EP3 Type R

Steering Wheel Re-trim

With the Type R covering over 135,000 miles the steering wheel was looking very tired/worn.. It was time for a retrim!

The standard had gone "flat" in places and the stitching was coming away, As can be seen in the pictures below -

65_zpsd77489d2.jpg

66_zps2c3bd860.jpg

Less than 2 weeks later Royal steering wheels had re-trimmed the original wheel & had increased the thickness making for a much better driving feel, Really should have done it sooner & would certainly recommend them to any one with the same issue's as my standard item, has transformed the interior & has that fresh leather smell!

69_zps109f037d.jpg

68_zpse5125b2b.jpg

70_zpsf38c28a1.jpg

If your looking for a similar service get in touch with the guys at Royal Steering Wheels -

Royal Steering Wheels
Phone : 01296709817
Email : [email protected]

Finally got round to getting a picture of the Mugen pedals installed

80_zpsfb08efa2.jpg

Steering wheel looks ace. How much was it if you dont mind me asking?
I might have to get mine done after my clutch and insurance

Steering wheel looks ace. How much was it if you dont mind me asking?
I might have to get mine done after my clutch and insurance

All depends what you would like done, The OEM look like mine is £115.00 + Surcharge of £50 which is refunded when you return your steering wheel which means you can keep your car on the road :)

Another option I was given -

CivicEP3-thickerblackalcantara9040sidessmoothtopbottomredstitching2_zps0d5ead61.jpg

Really loved it but with the motorway miles and grubby hands it would look a mess within months :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

Past couple of months the Evo 8 wheels have been letting the car down with flaking/corrosion so opted for a home refurbishment, Fancied going back to black alloys as I felt it gave the EP3 a much more purposeful look, Finished off with some red wheel nuts & new Enkei stickers

A few quick pictures, Car is in need of a decent clean but plan to get it done later this week when the Mugen spoiler returns from the body shop!

82_zps5f10ceaf.jpg

83_zps7f5e30af.jpg

Fitted,

84_zpsd48dcdae.jpg

86_zpsbdda16dd.jpg

88_zps913fd8e8.jpg

85_zps53d4ca1f.jpg

Mugen Style Spoiler

Ever since seeing an EP3 with a Mugen spoiler I have felt the urge to have one, So last week I purchased one online & waited for it to arrive from Slovenia, Fortunately the delivery times were exceptional taking only 4 working days to arrive from date of order!

55_zps02b7b4f5.jpg

a quick look around confirmed the quality was much better than one I fitted for a friend a few weeks back from another uk ebay seller which had a poor finish & fit causing it to rattle and just in general not looking well put together!

Few pics of the adjustment bracket & the fit between the glass

56_zps7955553a.jpg

57_zpsd14613a6.jpg

Happy with the fit & finish I sent it off to a local body shop for some colour!

61_zpsb7cd792b.jpg

Just needs a clean & I shall get some decent pictures on the SLR if the weather holds out :cool:

For anyone interested in the spoiler I would certainly recommend dropping these guys an email, very professional service, delivery times & product!

Ebay Username : Borutbkr - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/borutbkr?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Was hoping a Spoon N1 style back would have been ordered and fitted over 2 weeks ago but have given up hope with Jperformance ever getting back to me, really poor service in terms of communication..

Looks much better quality than the ones I've come across, I'm sure the bracket on the uk ones is fibreglass.

Cars looking really smart, wheels and spoiler look good

Looks great, love the Mugen spoilers.

Looks much better quality than the ones I've come across, I'm sure the bracket on the uk ones is fibreglass.

Cars looking really smart, wheels and spoiler look good

Thanks guys, She's slowly getting there :)

Yep the one I fitted for a friend came with fibreglass brackets and the spoiler only had 6 fixing points which unless it was glued down would rattle! Happy to report the one I purchased came with all 8 fixing points and is rattle free while driving!

Leake Street London

Few of us went into London for the evening and got some pictures of the cars in the graffiti tunnel & some quick shots by the millennium wheel, You'll have to excuse the quality of the pictures as I'm not the best on the SLR at night, Especially without the tri-pod, Comments welcome ;)

1-13_zpsb2e75b5e.jpg

2-10_zps354751bc.jpg

3-10_zpsc53ed285.jpg

Andr3w's Car

4-9_zps04ae10c8.jpg

6-9_zps2eee3289.jpg

7-9_zps4314627b.jpg

Final ones of us all lined up, fortunately no car hijacks lol!

5-9_zpsc52be910.jpg

8-7_zps4553f2a6.jpg

Very blurred shot from running across the road for a quick shot before getting moved on!

9-6_zpsdd5d403c.jpg

pictures look great

all three cars from the ashford staines area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys!

Yes we're only 15 minutes from each other, I'm in Staines, Andr3w's in Chertsey & MPM is in Sunbury

Middlesex NHB crew lol!

Where about's Dazza? You'll have to come along for some b-road blasting when the weather finally commits to sunshine lol

ashford, i've lived there all my life, moved to flackwell at the begining of the year, things have changed so i'll be back in ashford hopefully september time.

where abouts in staines are you? surprised i havnt seen you about before.

Back