• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stoo's '03 Artic Blue JRSC DC5

DRE Shift light fitted.
Piece of cake, took about 5 mins.
Got it mounted to the wheel cowling in front of the clocks with a bit of sticky foam.

Illumination is
Blue, Blue, Blue, Amber, RED!!
Pretty bright too.

Got it set so the first LED illuminates at 7800RPM, then 8000, then 8200, then 8400 and then the Red flashes at 8600RPM
Quite a nifty bit of kit :D

11d749bd.jpg

617d1a87.jpg

accf602d.jpg

2fc2913b.jpg

a828b4ad.jpg

Have you tried it at night time? My guessing is that they will seem to be a hell of a lot brighter :lol:

I keep looking at these but fear trying to fit it. How easy is it to fit and to find the 3 wires you need?

Switched live to back of cigarette socket live feed

Earth to any earth point behind dash

Signal wire to pin 26 block E
Darker Blue wire on furthest right block on ECU
Bottom row, 3 in from left iirc

Been on an unofficial 1/4 mile day today run by straightliners.

I just couldnt get this thing to launch properly, anyhow..
Shift light worked well!

Hit 13.6s@107mph
2.30s 60ft
130.2mph over 1/2 mile.

I was only 2mph over the 1/2 mile behind a new m3 :)

I was expecting quicker and I'm sure with better tyres and a better launch it will go quicker.

Driver error on my part as I'm no drag pro!!

I will say though, as the day went on my times got worse as my launch hot better and a lot of people said the same so I'm not so sure of the accuracy of the timing. It was also very slightly uphill and a strong headwind on the airfield.

Stu,

Can I recommend the next 1/4 mile vid you do to list the mods in the description? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a huge huge huge draw to
A caterham/westfield mate. Life Long dream.

I need one in my life!
I need to make a decision whether to keep this or not. If its gonna go, whether to strip it and sell it or sell it whole.

I could get a runaround and a decent westy for the Money. Probably Bike engined.

Need to do some thinking.

I've got a huge huge huge draw to
A caterham/westfield mate. Life Long dream.

I need one in my life!
I need to make a decision whether to keep this or not. If its gonna go, whether to strip it and sell it or sell it whole.

I could get a runaround and a decent westy for the Money. Probably Bike engined.

Need to do some thinking.

if you stip then i'll have a few bits off you :lol:

I made more money from mine stripping it that I would have selling complete

You have to find that certain someone who wants a boosted car whereas with a stock one there are more takers

Btw I am with you on the caterham and like you said the westy is definatley in the price range

Cheers Phil.
I'm looking at a westy megabusa :D

With my budget a decent example and runabout are easily achievable.

Chris, get your own banter.

Back