• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stoo's '03 Artic Blue JRSC DC5

If I could I would mate.

I'm losing my RAF career in Jan.

Even if I walk in to a job on the same money (Unlikely) I will still have to give up my house.
Currently I pay £240 a month for my rent, council tax, water and garage rent.

That will easily rise to at least £8-900 a month in civvy street, which is equivalent to a good £5-6k pay cut.
Straight away!
I also lose my medical and dental cover, free uniform etc etc....

I may land on my feet with a well paid job, and If I do, then I can get myself something else in the future.
But for now, the sensible option is to sell up.

I also want to buy a house, and the longer I keep this, the more I will spend on it!!
Not to mention, the wife is VERY broody!!!

It's at a point now where it's the best it's ever been and I love it.
I will be gutted to have to get rid, but as I said.... Needs Must you know.

Seems a shame to build it then sell it mate :( .

It's starnge how it always happens just as you have reached how you wnat it to be.

I stripped and sold my EP3 just as I got it to a very respectable level and what I always wanted.

Looking back I wish I had kept it for just another yeah to enjoy more.

I would encourage you to keep it for another year, or swap it for a S2000 :) .

I regret to this day sripping my DC5, but I had to due to the split with the wife. :( Needs must.

If I could I would mate.

I'm losing my RAF career in Jan.

Even if I walk in to a job on the same money (Unlikely) I will still have to give up my house.
Currently I pay £240 a month for my rent, council tax, water and garage rent.

That will easily rise to at least £8-900 a month in civvy street, which is equivalent to a good £5-6k pay cut.
Straight away!
I also lose my medical and dental cover, free uniform etc etc....

I may land on my feet with a well paid job, and If I do, then I can get myself something else in the future.
But for now, the sensible option is to sell up.

I also want to buy a house, and the longer I keep this, the more I will spend on it!!
Not to mention, the wife is VERY broody!!!

It's at a point now where it's the best it's ever been and I love it.
I will be gutted to have to get rid, but as I said.... Needs Must you know.

Makes perfect sense mate, bigger and better in the future. :)

LOL!

You have small person and house though, no?

And have got yourself a DC5 after...

I'll be back in something quick in a few yrs :D

LOL!

You have small person and house though, no?

And have got yourself a DC5 after...

I'll be back in something quick in a few yrs :D

I'm renting atm. Still got a loan to pay off for the car, so won't be buying any time soon.

Teg ownership came before Olivia. It's a great family car. Plenty of space in the boot etc. :lol:

I wouldn't have sold my Teg if it weren't for moving on to bigger and better things. Good on you for prioritising. You can buy a nice car again in the future. I certainly will, can't have the Echo for much longer, I think i'm growing a vagina...

LMAO! Hopefully I'll be OK.

Just done a spreadsheet and in Second hand prices, I'm at over £8k in parts!!!

I think the most sensible option is to strip it!!

definately strip it mate. even if you took a day off work, or two days as holiday get it done properly, get all the standard parts back on and then clean it up and make a nice for sale advert. job done.

Sad to hear, I wish you look with landing on your feet in a well paid job.

Advertise it for silly money first IMO. ''Cheap supercar for sale (lol) ''

You've got nothing to lose really.

LOL

RE; Dotty lurking.......

Cheers Joe, I keep saying it, but needs must.
And now I've kinda convinced myself it has to go, I need to do it.
Just looking at the figures is enough to convince!

If I end up with a well paid job, I'll have the car to sell or keep in STD trim, plus a big pile of cash from bits off the car.

Hard luck, real shame you've gotta sell up, but it's only a car at the end of the day..............

Are you stripping it? Get more cash back, though iam sure you are well aware of this lol.

DC5 is definatly an awesome family car lol.

Must make sure I get some good pics of this at JAE then, its a hell of a car.

All the best on the job hunt!

Back