• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strange thing my car is doing pls help

Hi all,

so yesterday left the office as you do and as i pulled away i said hello to the VTEC, little did i know as i got to the round about it seemed my car wanted to stall on me. if i tap the gas just a little bit (to about 1rpm) as the the nedil drops back down to idel level it sound like its stalling / missing or something.

i booked my car into Crown Honda for friday and they said its fifty pounds to look at the fault being that i spend £400 on my last service.

having really bad luck with this Car,

any ideas guys.

Hopefully you didn't gun it when the engine was cold!?

Is the engine management light on?

It sounds like it could be the idle valve though.

joe,

not really i would say to about 5rpm, no light is on nothing it seems to drive fine otherwise, i cant get my head around this one,

idle valve, how much is this?

It really needs to warm up before being playful :p

Don't know. I'm sure the Honda garage will run a sensor check, and probably pick up what's wrong.

I can't imagine it would be ridiculously priced tbh, if that's the problem anyway.

Does it do it all the time??

Did it do it this morning from cold??

Might just be a shizz bit of scum in the fuel.

Fill it with V Power and give it a good run.

As they didn't reply to any of these comments I will say no it wasn't warm :lol:
I allways wait until the temp rises and stays on a 1/4 where it allways sits before I even think about a spirited drive.

I've smashed it from cold a few times, not stone cold, but not up to temp either and it was still solid as a nut.

It was bouncing off the limiter at JAE last year, from freezing at like 12:00am, engine wasnt under load though.

It not advised to go WOT from cold, but its been done beofre and will be done again not doubt.

I dont think this problem is realted to it being driven normally from cold.

Thinking about it, is VTEC even there when it's cold?

But yeah it sounds like a problem I had with another car, turned out to be a blocked injector and needing a new MAF sensor.

I would also say idle control valve, I've been told they starts messing around at about 70k. with my ICV the rev's seem to drop below normal idle speed for half a second and gives a lumpy near stall effect but then return to normal idle. i've had the throttle body off and removed the valve, cleaned with carb cleaner but drop in revs still persists. new valve me thinks.

I would also say idle control valve, I've been told they starts messing around at about 70k. with my ICV the rev's seem to drop below normal idle speed for half a second and gives a lumpy near stall effect but then return to normal idle. i've had the throttle body off and removed the valve, cleaned with carb cleaner but drop in revs still persists. new valve me thinks.

mine is the same as of today, revs drop when idling up to a junction for a sec then back up to normal.

did you get to the bottom of the problem?

Clean the ICV following the guide on here and save yourself some £££'s.

Back