• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stuck on what BBK D2? possibly?

I recently just upgraded to stoptechs and what a difference.
I'm also looking to build the car into a track machine, my thinking was why spend £800 or so then have to spend more upgrading again. F**k it's only money. May just save your life or knock a few seconds off your lap times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had 'Endless' 6 pots before and they were ok but the pad wear rate was crazy. I switched to the Stoptech BBK in June 2012 and I must say it's THE best choice I've made bar none. The brakes are fantastic, the wear rate is much better as there floating discs and the pads are a decent price. I would highly recommend them . ( And if you know me you will understand that i'm known to be heavy on brakes ) . I've run the Ferodo DS2500's in the stoptechs and they were good.
I'm currently runnig CL RC6e ( my 2nd set as I was THAT impressed with them ) pads and there the next step up on stopping power, you thought the DS2500 were good ! The RC6e's are low on disc and pad wear.
I do about 8-10 trackdays a year and the Stoptech kit have NEVER let me down. Worth the money in the end .

HTH

I'm not sure if the lad selling the stoptechs are off a FN2 don't think they are the same fitment are they? i'll have to message him today.

Wheres best to buy them new? if I choose to buy new that is. i'm guessing no where stocks them?

I'm not sure if the lad selling the stoptechs are off a FN2 don't think they are the same fitment are they? i'll have to message him today.

Wheres best to buy them new? if I choose to buy new that is. i'm guessing no where stocks them?

Talk to ABP Motorsport as there one of the offical resellers in the UK and there decent prices.
[h=4]There number , Telephone: 01270 567 177[/h]

Cheers mate i'll give them a message. I'm guessing the FN2 stoptech kit wont fit? I have no idea about the FN2's fitments

How much are the discs/rotas to replace with the stoptechs? only obviously if I'm buying a second hand kit which is a few years old might need new ones?

How much are the discs/rotas to replace with the stoptechs? only obviously if I'm buying a second hand kit which is a few years old might need new ones?
Roughly £400 last time I checked.

Grinspeed were cheapest for Stoptechs for me. Stevie did a good job fitting them too.

Area Motorsport are local to you, try them too (Cheadle)

/Cheers fellas I've gone with that second hand pair that you linked, working in Bradford next week and he lives in leeds so is a win win. they just need some new discs/rotas as they haven't got a lot of life left. they just need a lick of paint ect so should be good!

Your going to love the Stoptech's Sam. By far one of the best purchases I've brought. Get yourself some DS2500's or if you can streach to it some CL RC6e's as there bloody amazing ,, almost put you through the windscreen !

Haha yeah hopefully, ive always been a late braker and very hard on the brakes but the OEM don't do it for me I don't like them. Its got some PBS pads with it atm which have only don't about 2k so ill use them until I get new discs and then ill get the pads. How do you know with these how worn the discs are? pretty much the same as any others?

Please don't get DS2500, there's far better out there! Jase, things have moved on mate, PBS being one such example.

You can measure the width of the discs, Stoptech will have guidelines as to when to replace them.

What are those PBS pads like? are they worth using or just one to chuck in the skip? and cheers ill have a google for the guidelines now

PBS pads are good, although there has been issues with the resin used to bind the friction material to the backing plate on some batches.

PBS pads are good, although there has been issues with the resin used to bind the friction material to the backing plate on some batches.

I've not tried the PBS ones but I'm VERY happy with the CL RC6e's ,,, there by far the best pad I've used and does not kill the discs either.

I'll give them a measure, I think in all honesty they need replacing, Do you have to buy the whole disc/rota or can you just buy the disc ring itself?

You'll love them dude.

My memories of Stoptech are a sore collar bone from deceleration. Oh and outbraking 4 cars into one corner at Cadwell.

Back