• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stuck on what BBK D2? possibly?

I'll give them a measure, I think in all honesty they need replacing, Do you have to buy the whole disc/rota or can you just buy the disc ring itself?

You can buy just the rotors ( The disc / ring ) . There about £400 a pair . Also a good idea to replace the hat bolts as well while your at it. Not essential but seeing as they have gone through so many heat cyles it might be worth it for peace of mind . ( That's what I did )

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate ABP are only half a hour away from me ill give them a shout. Guessing they are ordered in and not stocked?

I'll give them a measure, I think in all honesty they need replacing, Do you have to buy the whole disc/rota or can you just buy the disc ring itself?

The rule is usually one rotor per two disc ring replacements. In reality it depends on a lot of factors, heat, usage, pads, age etc.

Think about cooling as well! Often over looked and has huge benefits.

The rule is usually one rotor per two disc ring replacements. In reality it depends on a lot of factors, heat, usage, pads, age etc.

Think about cooling as well! Often over looked and has huge benefits.

I have actually got plans to put air ducts in through the bumper, should be picking the kit up on Monday and I'll see what I can get planned as the car will be off the road for two weeks as I'll have a hire car for work purposes

I've bought an fn2 with the Stoptech touring kit fitted - anybody know anything about this kit?

I'm pretty sure it's the same caliper as the the 2-piece set up, just with OEM sized discs.. Also, my pads make a noise when switching direction (press the brake to reverse - klunk. Drive forward and brake - klunk) as they move in the caliper - anybody else experience this?

It uses a slightly smaller caliper ST41 instead of the ST40 caliper IIRC.

They're an upgrade over OEM, but since they are a single piece and OEM diameter they aren't as good as the full BBK.

Pads shouldn't be moving on the carriers.

It uses a slightly smaller caliper ST41 instead of the ST40 caliper IIRC.

They're an upgrade over OEM, but since they are a single piece and OEM diameter they aren't as good as the full BBK.

Pads shouldn't be moving on the carriers.

Thanks Loxy.

I know they won't be as good, sufficient and look the part though ;)

Shame they aren't the same caliper as I'd like the option to upgrade.

Maybe the pads for the other caliper have been fitted to mine, hence the noise. I guess I need to take them out for a butchers and maybe speak to the likes of ABP.

Thanks again.

Well picked the brakes up from Bradford on the way home from work, paid 700 in the end and it had two new carriers as he damaged one taking a seized bolt off before, look a little worse for wear cosmetically but who cares about the look to much, should be on tomorrow.

Bit of an edit. just measured the width of the discs and they came in at 27.3mm which is within what stoptechs tolerance, but looking at the inside of the disc the slots have totally worn out, would these still be alright to use for a while? also one of the bleed nipples has seized but am I right in thinking you can do it off just the 1 nipple?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda stuck at the min if any of you know anything about this, does the kit usually come with new bolts for the carrier? only reason i'm asking is the standard 17mm head ones that are on the OEM carriers dont fit the stoptech ones, and also do you need both bleed nipples to bleed these up or can you get away with just one? just as one of the nipples has seized....

If the grooves are gone I'd replace the discs. Unsure on the other points, sorry.

Thanks, currently looking for the discs, any idea if the FN2 has a different size OEM bolts for the carrier? these came off a FN2 so just wondering if the bolts are a different size maybe?

Sorry, not sure. A quick call to someone like TGM, ABP, Grinspeed, Performance Autoworks etc should give you a quick answer. Most of them could supply new bolts/discs if needed as well.

I'll give ABP a shout need to ring them for a price for discs to just thought id ask while i was at work and cant ring someone Cheers though :)

I'm going from Nottingham via Stoke to Grinspeed and back... either Friday, Saturday or Monday if that helps your cause. Happy to pick up discs.

i emailed them this morning asking for a price but had no reply yet, i'll make a few phone calls in the morning, need to order some spacers to as they dont clear the wheels at all haha. just need to sort out these bolts as my OEM ones dont fit the brackets at all

he had brought two new carriers as the origionals he had were damaged when they were taken off, now my OEM carrier bolts don't fit the carriers so I'm just wondering if its the wrong carriers? are the carriers for the EP3 pretty thin? or a good size?

Back