• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

Very nice mate, not surprised at all you've gone this route especially after last weekend with J & Phil

If you need a new 2.5" donut gasket Nick let me know as i've got a spare one still in packaging :D

Cool man, yeah I'll need one thanks, I'm down at TGM on the 17th, so I'll be in touch.

Very nice :cool: I look forward to hearing it at Rockingham, if not before.

Yeah, fingers crossed for another Norwich meet soon.

midnight runnings 8)

As soon as your up and running mate ;) .

What sort of aural difference does a header swap make?

edit.
PS is your indicator stalk on the right? I notice you said it's different to your old EP3. I find it much better having the indicators on the right :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of aural difference does a header swap make?

edit.
PS is your indicator stalk on the right? I notice you said it's different to your old EP3. I find it much better having the indicators on the right :)

Headers with a bigger bore will give a deeper tone to the exhaust system.

Yeah, indicators on the right its an import like yours.

Deeper tone sounds like a worthwhile upgrade! Much of a performance difference?

You come round to the indicators being on the opposite side at all? When I drive my mum's car it's hella confusing :lol: Constantly spraying my windscreen instead of flashing my lights! Particularly funny when enraged :lol:

Like the Mugen, do you retain the cat function/get a sports cat? Or will you be running decat, when fitted?

Deeper tone sounds like a worthwhile upgrade! Much of a performance difference?

TBH I was doing it for the performance upgrade, not the sound. I should get a fairly large amount of power and torque at mid range and maybe a higher peak power figure too.

I'll post up the Dyno chart once I have it.

Like the Mugen, do you retain the cat function/get a sports cat? Or will you be running decat, when fitted?

Yeah Sun, one of the best things about this header is that it retains the ability to use the CAT, I wont though :lol: . Also you can fix the OEM heatshield to it, unlike most aftermarket headers for the S2000. S2000 engine bays get hot, hotter than the EP3's anyway, so this is considered a major plus.

Yeah Sun, one of the best things about this header is that it retains the ability to use the CAT, I wont though :lol: . Also you can fix the OEM heatshield to it, unlike most aftermarket headers for the S2000. S2000 engine bays get hot, hotter than the EP3's anyway, so this is considered a major plus.

Also part of the reason they're uber expensive; aswell as being good bits of kit (cat retention).

Ideal - running, what is basically, full Mugen piping. :twisted:

It should be easier to swap the cat in come MOT time; or at least easier than swapping Mani's.

You making the Wembley Retail Meet in a couple of Sunday's?

Oh and another quick one; what's the opinion on the Mugen intake for the S2?

It should be easier to swap the cat in come MOT time; or at least easier than swapping Mani's.

You making the Wembley Retail Meet in a couple of Sunday's?

Oh and another quick one; what's the opinion on the Mugen intake for the S2?

Yes, the exhaust system set up on the S2000 is in such a way that changing the CAT come MOT would be a lot easier than on a EP3.

Not sure about Wembley at the moment, im well busy!!

My Mugen cone filter isnt generally the best filter, but it does a good job, the main thing with the S2000 is channeling air to it, so you can get all sorts of cold air feeds and the like. Its something im currently looking at.

That's cool Nick :)
I hope you gave it a good clean before it went on?
How do you go about tweaking a map on an S2K? I vaguely remember talking to J about it & there is no KPRO as such for the F20 ECU is there?

That's cool Nick :)
I hope you gave it a good clean before it went on?
How do you go about tweaking a map on an S2K? I vaguely remember talking to J about it & there is no KPRO as such for the F20 ECU is there?

Cheers man :) .

Its not on yet, it will all be going on at the same time in the near future.

This gives me time to clean it I suppose, but I doubt I will, its only a header :p .

Well im trying to hold of when MASE is back in the UK. I have a new ECU also which will allow full access to all and sundry :twisted:

Sounds daft, but as you mention heat being an issue with the S2Ks, have you thought about having the header ceramic coated?
Should help scavenge the exhaust gases & also keep them under bonnet temps lower.

Have you met MASE yet? Looks like a stereotypical Yank college guy, but a nice chap.
Let me know as & when as no doubt he'll use Charlie's rollers, I'll pop down for a nosey ;)

What ECU do you have to use & does it retain all the OEM input?

Sounds daft, but as you mention heat being an issue with the S2Ks, have you thought about having the header ceramic coated?
Should help scavenge the exhaust gases & also keep them under bonnet temps lower.

Have you met MASE yet? Looks like a stereotypical Yank college guy, but a nice chap.
Let me know as & when as no doubt he'll use Charlie's rollers, I'll pop down for a nosey ;)

What ECU do you have to use & does it retain all the OEM input?

Yeah, I have thought about wrapping it or coating it, but I read somewhere that coating it can sometimes damage the mani, so I may just wrap it.

No, not met MASE yet, Ihave no idea what he looks like, Im hoping he's over soon, idealy before Rockingham, but that may be pushing my luck :lol: .

Yeah man, I would have thought it will be at SRR so ill give you a shout.

I have a plug and play ECU, with full mapping and all the gubbins, its better than my K100 in terms of features. It will replace my existing ECU, so its all good, I have to discuss with MASE about bits and bobs but I have been advised that what I have gone for is ideal. All wil be revealed soon :cool: .

Back