• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

you should of took my teg out at spa

Yeah, looking back I should have done more laps in my S2000 too, but I was wasted, really, really tired.

Staying up late, eating massive slabs of cow and drinking really took its toll on my 5:30 alarm call, not to mention the 70 click journey there.

In October I'll be in bed at 9PM after a good meal and water ready for the following day.

Yeah that was stupid. Trackday at Spa next day, have to be up at 5:30 what do we do? Get a bit hammered on dodgy german beer and JM. ffs

Awesome mate, nice one :D .

I'd love to hear it.

As promised. Picture quality is a bit shizzle, but it captures the sound and doppler effect quite well.

[video=youtube;C5Omg0LdfC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Omg0LdfC4[/video]

Yeah that was stupid. Trackday at Spa next day, have to be up at 5:30 what do we do? Get a bit hammered on dodgy german beer and JM. ffs

Cracking night was had by all though, and to be honest there wasn't any night that it would have fallen well on.

Loving that sound of the S2000 if I say so myself.

Sounds nothing like that in the car :lol: .

I didn't expect this man - are you actively seeking something else? Or just happy to entertain enquiries?

I don't want to sell, but if someone makes me an offer that I think I would benifit from, I'd consider it. I never wanted to sell my 106 GTi, but an offer was made out of the blue and it appealed to me, so I did it.

He wants a DC5 I reckon ;)

I'd like to have one one day yes, such capable cool cars.

suits what you doing tomorrow, get the S and come down to tgm for *** lulz, and a blast :)

No can do my man, bike ride orangised with Mrs and friends. I have to build up my relationship points for a inevitable drop in August & October :lol: .

Yeah, still got the Advan's, can't afford to get them done and wrapped though, I'd rather spend the money on track time at the moment.

The fronts are 8's and the rears are 9's 8) .

Yeah, still got the Advan's, can't afford to get them done and wrapped though, I'd rather spend the money on track time at the moment.

The fronts are 8's and the rears are 9's 8) .

9's... Bit too wide, otherwise I would have asked if you were willing to part with them. :)

So the S2000 has been idling a little funny when putting your foot on the clutch after a heavy run, the revs would drop and then rise to about 2000/3000 rpm and hold there for a while until I'd jab the throttle then they would fall down down to a sub 1000rpm.

I was pretty sure this was just a maintenance thing so I carried about my business today to sort it.

Firstly I gave the air flow sensor a clean in the intake manifold then I removed the IACV and gave that a good clean.

This is how it looked...

Dirty-1.jpg

Then I gave it a going over with some cotton buds and WD40 to clear out the gash funk that was in there, just a mixture of dust grim and oil I suppose.

Lovely.

Clean-1.jpg

Then, while at Spa, J noticed that my throttle cable had a little too much slack and suggested giving it a tighten, so I did.

It did have about 3/4 inch deflection, but now I've adjusted it too about 1/4 so its much better. The car picks up much, much better now at low revs and is waaay more responsive, must be good for 10bhp easy :p .

Other than that, gave it a clean and checked things over since coming back from Europe.

It looks the same, so I didn't bother taking any pics.

Also, I'm sick to death of these blue wheels now, it was all cool when going away with the boys, but driving to Tesco for milk, or sitting in traffic on the A12 you look like a bell end.

So I'm sorting out getting the Advan's refurbed.

Back