• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

Cheers guys :D .

What's next ?? Just enjoy it and drive it. Slowly make it better by just maintaining it and cleaning it. Im going to change all the washers and rad stays next I think and concentrate on the engine bay which could do with some work to be honest.

I won't be spending any serious money on it for a while.

I'd love a Top Secret front bumper, hardtop and wing of some sort. All in OEM Silverstone and leave it at that, but thats about £3,000 right there :( .

Graphs.

Green is the old Amuse map and red is the new AEM one :cool: .

Comparrison.jpg

Flywheel.jpg

Look how flat that AFR is.

Wheels-1.jpg

So is it fuel 13, air 1. ?

Too much fuel = running rich ~ sh1t consumption?
too little fuel = running lean ~ less power?

running lean = bang.

Yeah, too lean (not enough fuel) and you may not detonate in the chamber, which will cause all sorts of problmes.

Too rich (too much fuel) and the fuel wont ignite properly and you will just get that rich smoke out of the back.

So is it fuel 13, air 1. ?

Too much fuel = running rich ~ sh1t consumption?
too little fuel = running lean ~ less power?

I thought it was the other way around, 13 air, 1 fuel. Could be wrong though!

Basically if you are ramming through too much fuel there won't be enough air to burn it so it just goes straight out the exhaust causing high emmisions and a loss of power as the engine is being starved of air.
Generally that would be a ratio below 13.

Running lean you aren't putting enough fuel in and too much air which leads to detonation and the engine going bang, usually a ratio above 13.

This is why you have to run a custom map if you are using race headers, cams e.t.c as you are using less restrictive parts and completely changing the fuel/ignition maps.

I don't understand closed loop/open loop very well but from what i gather when on part throttle you are in closed loop and the air/fuel ratio is constantly adjusted automatically by the ecu. When on WOT you go into open loop and the fuel/ignition maps take over the job.

Nice plots Nick :D
Proper result on the Amuse ECU too, you'll be able to recoop plenty back against your mods.

It is Air to Fuel; the larger number is the number of air parts to the lower number, which is the number of fuel parts in the ratio.

Yeah, I know its air to fuel, I just didnt know what the ratio is throughout the range.

Also the cam timing spins me out a little as you control the exhaust gases and when the spark fires in relation to the piston.

It's serious stuff.

Back